This giveaway is now closed. Thanks for stopping by. The winner is Cathie F. Congratulations and good luck on being chosen for a BlogHer scholarship! Let me know if you are chosen.
I’ve been hinting about a Kodak giveaway for two weeks now and I bet you’d probably like for me to just get on with it! Well…it’s finally here!
A few weeks ago you read about my participation in an online blogger briefing with personal finance journalist and author Laura Rowley. The event was hosted by Kodak and included twenty-five AMAZING bloggers live via video stream and conference call, and online via Twitter. Laura shared practical, savvy tips on how we can all save money in every room of our house. Here are some of my favorites:
1. Eat In! Consumers (like myself) can save up to $2700 a year just by taking time to plan meals.
2. Use Coupons! I shop at natural food markets so I signed up to receive coupon booklets from Mambo Sprouts, which helps me save on natural and organic products. You can also opt for Whole’s Food’s generic 365 line of foods and products which are conventionally more cost-effective than their name brand counterparts.
3. Program your Thermostat! Try turning down your thermostat a degree each day to where you’re most comfortable. If you program your thermostat for a lower temperature when you’re asleep or away, you could save five to ten percent on your heating bill.
4. Unplug! Vampire electronics are draining both the environment’s precious resources and your wallet. Invest in a power strip and unplug (not just turn off) any appliance you’re not using.
6. Invest in low flow water fixtures!
7. Go generic! From beauty products to prescriptions, there is always a generic, cost-effective alternative that most likely works as well as it’s counterpart.
8. Evaluate and Negotiate! Seek out Services to help you analyze your cell phone bill for ways you can save money. Contact your insurance broker to negotiate lower rates.
9. Take a vacation…or a staycation! Spend some time re-evaluating your cable usage by putting your cable service on vacation mode. This will give you an opportunity to evaluate which channels you really need. And while you’re at it, why not stay close to home and rediscover historical landmarks, parks, and attractions as a tourist in your home town?
10. Blog It! Use your blogging services to…WHAT? Make money? What a novel concept! Any takers?
31 year old mother and nurse seeks to promote your company through her witty, honest, sometimes tongue-in-cheek writing and savvy public relations skills.
The goal of Kodak’s Print and Prosper campaign is to shed some financial light on the subject of ink costs. Last year Americans overspent by $5 billion on inkjet printer ink. Kodak’s new line of printers are designed to help you save up to $110 on the cost of ink alone. I recently reviewed the Kodak ESP 7 All-In-One Printer, designed to print smart and effectively.
Win It! One of you will win a Kodak ESP 7 All-In-One Printer right here on my blog. Oh…but it gets better. There will be 25 winners total over the next 5 weeks (1 winner from each of the 25 bloggers participating in the campaign) and out of those 25 winners, 5 will a FULL BlogHer scholarship (and it’s sold out!) including travel costs. Go Kodak! The contest here on my blog will end on Sunday, April 19, 2009 at 10 PM PST and the winner MUST respond ASAP so that the information can be sent over on Monday. Here are the blogs participating this week (I’ll give you a new list each week):
This is a very special giveaway, so the rules will be differ slightly from those on my other giveaways.
First entry: Leave me a comment with your best money saving tip, how to avoid being taken advantage of financially, or how you stimulate your home economy. Please keep in mind that winners will be chosen by celebrity guest judge Laura Rowley and will be based on how well they represent the “Print and Prosper” theme.
Post the “Win a Printer!” badge on your blog and leave a comment with a DIFFERENT tip
Blog about the giveaway and leave a comment with yet ANOTHER tip
Follow me on Twitter AND tweet about the giveaway and leave a comment with ANOTHER tip (getting the drift yet?)
Subscribe to my feed via email or reader and leave a comment with ANOTHER tip
Click on one of the very cute buttons below and digg, stumble, fav, etc. Just let me know what you did in the comments along with ANOTHER TIP