After visiting the U-pick Blueberry farm at Temecula Berry Company last week, I had a number of questions from friends and family members. I thought I’d share all about our outdoor adventures picking our own blueberries!
Temecula Berry Company
Located in Temecula, California, Temecula Berry Company grows 10 acres of southern highbush blueberries. Blueberries are one of the top super foods and high in anti-oxidants. They are also one of my kids absolute favorite fruits!
U-Pick Blueberries + Tips
The farm is open weekends from 8 am to 6 pm. They will also open early on Saturday at 7am for anyone over 60. The busiest time is typically from 10am-noon. There are 4 miles of plants which makes it easy to distance physically. Before you head over, be sure to check their website, Facebook, and/or Instagram @TemeculaBerryCo to ensure they have ripe berries and for the most up-to-date information.
- Bring cash. At present, they are not taking credit cards.
- There are 3 picking containers available this year: small ($5), medium ($10), and large ($20). We found that the medium container was perfect. It held a TON of berries…enough to enjoy them fresh and enough to freeze for smoothies and muffins.
- Masks are preferred at check-in and a personal decision once in the field.
- The ripest blueberries are, you guessed it, blue! Avoid picking berries that are green. You may find that you have to look underneath the plants to find those cherished ripe blueberries.
- Eating blueberries in the field is not allowed.
- There is a small store where you can purchase blueberry jam, chutney, and syrup.
- While you are at the farm, be sure to wander over to see the goats and chickens.
Temecula Berry Company is located at 39700 Cantrell Road, Temecula, CA. Feel free to ask any questions in the comments section. Happy berry picking!