- 1 Avocado
- 1 Lime
- 1 TSP - 1 TBSP Canned Green Chiles
- Dash of Salt
- 1 Avocado diced
- 1/4 cup Onion diced
- 1 Tomato diced
- Diced Cilantro
- 1/2 pound boiled shrimp chilled
Puree 1 Avocado with juice from 1 lime
Add a dash of salt and 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of canned green chiles, depending on how spicy you like your cocktail.
Add a small amount of water to achieve a soup-like consistency
Combine diced onion, tomato, avocado, and cilantro with the boiled shrimp and the avocado "cocktail."
Stir and serve chilled
- Avocados provide close to 20 essential vitamins and minerals including potassium, folic acid and other B-vitamins, vitamins E and K.
- Avocados contain phytonutrients which may help prevent chronic diseases
- Avocados are a good source of lutein, an antioxidant concentrated in the macula of the eye that may help preserve the health of one’s eyes
- Avocados help enable the body to absorb more fat-soluble nutrients, such as alpha- and beta-carotene, lutein and vitamins A, D, K and E in foods that are eaten with them.
Want to learn more about avocados? Tonight Avocados from Mexico and LATISM will host a Twitter party from 9 pm to 11 pm EST. Just tweet with the hashtag #LATISM and follow @guacgrl.
What is your favorite way to enjoy avocados? I’d love to hear about your favorite recipes. I created a Pinterest board with a few of mine!
For more information about avocados or to obtain recipes, just visit Avocados From Mexico.
This is part of a compensated campaign with Latina Bloggers Connect and Avocados From Mexico.
Photos & Recipe: Rockin’ Mama