All month long, we are celebrating the unique ways families can create memories together. From pumpkin patches to trick-or-treating with Mickey Mouse, Orange County (and beyond!) offers a wealth of things to see in do this Fall. One of the longest-running Halloween events in Orange County is Boo at the Zoo. Located at the Santa Ana Zoo, this “merry not scary” event features trick-or-treating, storytelling, sing-alongs, and a visit with some of the nocturnal animals at the zoo.
Boo at the Zoo
This year, the Santa Ana Zoo will host the 27th annual Boo at the Zoo on October 19, 20, 26, and 27 from 5:30 pm to 8 pm. The event takes place rain or shine!
This kid-friendly Halloween event will include the following activities:
- Ten Prize Stations on the Trick-or-Treat Trail
- Entertainment (including sing-a-longs)
- Animal Presentations
- Fun and Games
- Costume Parade led by SAZOO (the monkey mascot)
- “Teen Scream” Haunted House (a separate area, included in the price of admission)
- “Boofari” Express Train, Conservation Carrousel rides, and Fifty Monkey Ferris Wheel Rides (additional fee required)
- Hot Dogs, Chips & Sodas For Sale by Zoo Docents, Bigalke Sisters and Tustin-Santa Ana Rotary*
- Free Parking
*Guests with food allergies are encouraged to bring their own food to Boo at the Zoo
The Santa Ana Zoo
Home to more than 260 animals, The Santa Ana Zoo features 60 engaging monkeys, camels, birds, reptiles and more. The zoo is also home to 11 endangered species including the golden poison frog, the green-cheeked Amazon, the black and white ruffed lemur and the golden lion tamarin. The zoo is open daily from 10 am to 4 pm. For information on obtaining a membership, visit SantaAnaZoo.org.
Before Your Visit
Be sure to dress in your favorite costume and bring a camera for unique Halloween photo opportunities. Those with food allergies will be happy to learn that Boo at the Zoo is participating in the OC Teal Pumpkin Project.
To avoid lines, you can purchase tickets online and simply bring your receipt to Will Call on the night of the event. Tickets are $19.95 for non-members (2+) and $9.95 for Zoo members (2+). Tickets will also be available for purchase at the main gate on the night of the event. e event.Advance admissions are available only at this website. After purchase, bring your print out or display on your phone directly to the Will Call Table to pick up your admission stickers. You do not need to wait in line at the cash registers.
- Orange County Restaurant Week - February 10, 2023
- Knott’s Peanuts Celebration Food and Meal Plan Guide - January 27, 2023
- Beyond King Tut: The Immersive Experience - January 19, 2023
Leave a Reply