Only in Hollywood will you find snow-covered streets and a 60 foot tree with a twist. The Grinch, Max, and the Who-ville Whos once again return to Universal Studios Hollywood to celebrate Grinchmas!
Consideration provided by Universal Studios Hollywood.
Last weekend, the park was brimming with guests eager to begin the holiday season. Grinchmas, which runs through December 30th, 2018, is in full swing at the film studios-themed park where nearly every aspect of the park has been touched by the holiday spirit.
This year’s highlights include Martha May Who-vier and the Who Dolls, who take center stage to perform energetic musical sets ushering in the Christmas season, the Who-liday Singers (a hip boy-band ensemble) performing a cappella concerts with a mix of Christmas favorites and pop rock, and Cindy-Lou Who and her Who friends retelling Dr. Seuss’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas during the nightly tree lighting ceremony.
Families can also enjoy treats inspired by The Grinch and meet and greets with The Grinch, his faithful dog Max, and all of the Who-ville Whos.
Grinchmas runs weekends in December (1 and 2, 8 and 9) and daily through December 30, 2018.
Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Celebrate Christmas in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The magical film and book-inspired world has undergone a wintery transformation. Families can enjoy nightly glistening snowfalls beginning at 5:15pm, A cappella Frog Choir featuring Hogwarts students singing their harmonized holiday themed songs, “The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle” dazzling light spectacular (nightly at 5:40pm, 6:00pm, 6:30pm and 7:00pm), and holiday-themed fare and hot Butterbeer at Three Broomsticks.
“Christmas in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter,” runs daily through January 6, 2019.
Universal Studios Hollywood Annual Pass
Plan to visit Univeral Studios Hollywood this season? My best tip is to consider purchasing an Annual Pass. Enjoy visits throughout the year, plus you can receive a variety of discounts and perks to the theme park and CityWalk.
Tips for Visiting Universal Studios Hollywood During the Holidays
Since this wintery celebration only goes on for select days throughout the season, I recommend the following tips for making the most of your visit:
- Arrive early. Once you’ve arrived, head straight for the Studio Tour as the wait can become very long.
- Plan your day. Some key things to remember include the holiday showtimes taking place during Grinchmas and at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. You can also opt for a later tree lighting ceremony, since the first one tends to be the most crowded. Be sure to arrive at least 30 minutes in advance of the show. Plan to eat before or after the lunch rush to avoid long lines and crowded tables.
- Consider purchasing a Universal Express Pass, particularly if you have young children. This pass offers one-time express access to all rides, attractions, and seated shows.
- Download the Universal Studios Hollywood app for up-to-date wait times, show times, maps, and more.
- Dress warm. Even if the weather is warm and comfortable during the day, evenings up at the studios can get quite chilly.
Grinchmas and all of the holiday fun at Universal CityWalk is included with the price of admission. For additional information, visit UniversalStudiosHollywood.com. You can also follow Universal Studios Hollywood on Facebook, Instagram ,and Twitter for updates.