This post is in partnership with Universal Pictures Home Entertainment.
Despicable Me 3
Despicable Me 3, the #1 comedy of the year, is now available on Blu-ray and DVD, and we are going bananas for the latest installment in the Gru saga. The film, which stars the voice talents of Steve Carell, Miranda Cosgrove, and Dana Gaier, introduces audiences to Dru, the twin brother Gru never knew as a child. Separated as children, the two reunite in this film, which creates its own unique thrills and challenges. Gru learns about his twin brother during an identity crisis, incited by the loss of his job at the Anti-Villain League. His failure to defeat the newest villain, Balthazar Bratt, combined with his brother’s villainous aspirations, awaken Gru’s inner super-villain as he rediscovers how good it feels to be bad.
Despicable Me 3 Special Edition, is now available on Blu-ray and DVD and makes the perfect holiday gift. Deemed the number one animated comedy of the year, the film is filled with action, humor, and heart. Gru, Lucy, and their three daughters once again captivate audiences while the Minions continue to provide the manic humor they are known for. The Blu-ray and DVD include a brand new mini-movie, minion moments, a digital copy of the film, and more. If you purchase the film at Best Buy, you will receive a collectible, limited edition Steelbook.
DIY Felt Minion Stocking
To celebrate the Blu-ray/DVD release of Despicable Me 3, we created Felt Minion Stockings! This easy DIY can be completed in 60 minutes and requires just a few materials.
- 2 pieces of yellow felt (12 inches x 18 inches)
- 1 piece of blue felt (12 inches x 18 inches)
- Pins (to secure felt)
- 1 needle
- 1 spool of yellow thread
- Wiggle eyes
- White felt or foam letters
- Black ribbon
- Hot glue
- Use a template to cut two “stockings” out of yellow felt
- Cut out top of stocking from blue felt
- Secure front and back of stocking with pins. Be sure to secure blue felt in between the two yellow stocking cut-outs.
- Sew stocking pieces together (be sure to leave the top of the stocking un-sewn). Reinforce with a second stitch all the way around.
- Turn stocking inside out
- Affix letters to top of stocking
- Secure wiggle eyes onto the front of the stocking with hot glue
- Use black ribbon to create “goggles” and affix to the stocking with hot glue
- Fill Felt Minion Stocking with your favorite Despicable Me and Minion toys
Despicable Me/Minion Stocking Stuffers
Once you have put together your DIY Felt Minion Stocking, be sure to fill it with your favorite Despicable Me items. Here are some of my favorite ideas:
- Mini Minions plush
- Minions toothbrush
- Despicable Me Mineez
- Minions hat
- Minions gloves
- Minions watch
- Minions wallet
Despicable Me 3 on Blu-ray and DVD