Avocado Toast is one of those dishes that is so delightful, it’s hard to imagine life before it. The simplicity of the dish is perhaps what makes it so enjoyable. Combine that with variations only limited by your imagination, and you can easily see why avocado toast can be so addicting. In fact, I’ve found my choice of breakfast venue is largely determined by whether or not such destination offers this decadent dish and how elaborate it is prepared.
Let’s get real. I’d much rather have someone prepare avocado toast for me than actually toast a piece of gourmet bread and spread a layer of avocado on it. But it really is that simple. If you prefer to get your avocado toast fix at a restaurant, here are my favorite spots in Orange County.
- Burnt Crumbs: Smashed Avocado with house ricotta. Add an egg!
- Haute Cakes Cafe: Two eggs (poached or scrambled), avocado, seasonal garnish, sea salt, soft herbs, on pain campagne.
- The Cellar: Fork mashed haas, espelette pepper flake. Add fresh tomatoes and an egg.
- Kitchen in the Canyon: Toasted Brioche topped with Jalapeno-Cilantro Aioli, Avocado Spread, Sliced Avocado & Tomato Salsa Jam, topped with an Egg, poached or fried, served with a side.
- Provisions Market: Avocado mash with espellette & shallot, watermelon radish, fried capers, jacobsen salt.
- Lola’s Cafe: Smashed avocado, crushed hemp seeds, heirloom cherry tomatoes, micro greens, red pepper flakes, lemon-infused olive oil, pink himalayan salt.
- Outpost Kitchen: Harissa and Peppedew Pesto, House Ricotta, Herb Salad, Grapefruit Reduction. Add a poached egg.
- Social Costa Mesa: Creme Fraiche, Confit Cherry Tomatoes, Golden Pea Shoots, Radish, Tarragon.
- Craft House: Avocado, tomato, arugula, multigrain bread.
- Eat Chow: Two Egg Over Easy, Toasted Whole Grain Baguette, Avocado Thyme Parmesan Mash, Arugula, Lemon-Shallot Vinaigrette
Avocado toast is easily made at home with just a few ingredients. Earlier this month, a group of friends celebrated Valentine’s Day with a brunch! Each of us prepared a dish to share. I brought Avocado Toast (of course!). Here is my easy Avocado Toast Recipe:
- 4 Slices Thick Bread
- 2 Ripe Avocados
- 4 Eggs, fried
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive oil
Toast bread lightly
Mash avocado with a fork
Spread avocado on toast
Season with salt and pepper
Drizzle with olive oil. Serve.
Looking for more avocado toast recipes? Check out these 16 Gourmet Avocado Toast Recipes.
- CHOC Walk Returns to the Disneyland Resort – Special Events and Ways to Support - June 28, 2023
- Beastly Ball Returns to the Los Angeles Zoo - May 8, 2023
- Like Water for Chocolate at Segerstrom Center for the Arts - March 24, 2023