This giveaway is now closed. Thanks for stopping by. The winner is Deborah Wellenstein. Congrats!
Despite the fact that we’re not officially in the midst of cold and flu season, Swine Flu and other viral and bacterial illnesses are very much a presence in our country. Hand washing and antibacterial gels are a staple in our household. Here are some facts you may not know about the cold and and flu.
- It is estimated that there are more than 125 million workdays missed by parents who stay home with a sick child
- One sneeze can spray 100,000 infectious droplets into the air at more than 200 MPH
- Cold and flu viruses can live up to 24-hours on hard surfaces and up to 3 hours on your skin
- Rhinovirus is most active from late fall, spring and summer
- Up to 189 million school days are missed each year due to a cold
If and when you do get sick, you may want to consider the all-new Kleenex Anti-Viral Tissues. I haven’t tried them yet, but these “super” tissues can actually kill viruses. Here is a little more information from the site:
Wash your hands before you eat, after you use the bathroom, after you play with a pet and when you come in from playing outdoors Get a good night’s sleep every night. Sleep can help strengthen the immune system Dispose of used tissues in the trash as soon as possible
Follow me on Twitter AND tweet about the contest.
- CHOC Walk Returns to the Disneyland Resort – Special Events and Ways to Support - June 28, 2023
- Beastly Ball Returns to the Los Angeles Zoo - May 8, 2023
- Like Water for Chocolate at Segerstrom Center for the Arts - March 24, 2023