This giveaway is now closed. Thanks for stopping by. The winner is Jennifer (#29). Congrats!
As someone who grew up wearing Mickey Mouse Ears and went through a HUGE Winnie the Pooh phase, I’m partial to all things Disney. This year, the company is celebrating by offering Earth-day themed activities, products, and apparel to inspire families to go green! Here is a quick overview of what the company has planned and how you can participate:
- Donate to the Nature Conservancy: For every “Save Planet Earth” tote bag sold, Disney Store will donate $1 to the Nature Conservancy with a goal of reaching $65,000. Each tote is made from seven recycled bottles and displays the green alien from Disney-Pixar’s Toy Story.
- Recycle: If you bring in six plastic bottles or aluminum cans to your local Disney Store, you’ll receive a free Friends for Change and Oceans branded hat on Earth Day (April 22, 2010) (while supplies last). The hats are made from six recycled plastic bottles.
- Teach Children About Conservation: Bring your kids to your local Disney Store on Earth Day (April 22, 2010) for an activity sheet based on the new Oceans film which will teach them how to reduce trash and waste in our lakes, oceans, rivers, and streams.
- Shop Sustainably: At the Disney Store, you’ll find Disney’s new Friends for Change apparel and their new “Save Planet Earth” collection. Disney Channel stars Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus and many more have come together as Disney’s Friends for Change, educating kids about activities that can do to help the planet. Their new apparel line includes 100% organic t-shirts in four unique styles, available exclusively at Disney Store. Their “Save Planet Earth” collection includes an exclusive line of new t-shirts made from 100% organic materials, reusable aluminum bottles, journals made from recycled paper and more.
- Spread the Word, Get Involved: Disney offers exclusive content and information to help you get involved this Earth Day and spread the word about simple things we can all do to preserve our environment’s resources. Watch exclusive Earth Day videos featuring Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato on Disney Living and the store’s Facebook page. A special message can also be seen at Disney Store locations, encouraging everyone to do their part to protect our waterways.
Win It! One of you will win a Earth Day prize package from the Disney Store. The prize pack includes a “Save the Planet” aluminum bottle, recycled tote bag, recycled journal, and Toy Story Alien Plush. Simply leave me a comment with another product (other than the ones listed above) that you like from the site (bonus entry if you find another green product!). Comments will close on April 29, 2010 at 11:59 PM PST. One comment per person, please (unless you do the extra credit). US residents only. Duplicates and comments not including the above information will be disqualified. Comments are moderated. If you don’t see your comment in a reasonable amount of time, send me an email. Bloggers and non-bloggers may enter. If you don’t want to leave your email address, please be sure to check back for my announcement on the winner. Please note that winners must respond within 48 hours of being announced/contacted or another winner will be drawn.Want an extra entry? Do any or all of the following and receive an extra entry for each one.
Be sure to leave me a separate comment for each additional entry.
Follow me on Twitter AND tweet about the contest.
Subscribe to my feed via email or reader.
Click on one of the very cute buttons below and digg, stumble, fav, etc. Just let me know what you did in the comments!
I did not receive compensation for this post. Product samples were provided to facilitate this review and giveaway.