As we walked through Pixie Hollow during Mickey’s Halloween Party, I glanced at each of my kids and recalled for a moment those early days when my kids eyes were filled with wonder as they met Mickey Mouse or danced with joy at one of the parades down Main Street. So many of our favorite memories were made at the Disneyland Resort, and while my son no longer needs a stroller and my daughter has long-since given up her spot in the baby carrier, their excitement about visiting the most magical Halloween Party is still contagious.
Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland Park
Every year, Disneyland Park hosts a series of special evenings where guests can dress up in their favorite costumes and trick-or-treat through the park for candy and healthy snacks. Exclusives include a Halloween-themed fireworks spectacular and parade, performances by the Cadaver Dans, photo opps with Disney villains and characters all dressed up for the occasion and more. Mickey’s Halloween Party is a night not to be missed, and while tickets for 2017 are sold out, be sure to scroll down for information on how you can be a part of this spooktacular event next year.
7 Things You Can Only Do At Mickey’s Halloween Party
Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland Park is a separate-ticketed event which means guests will have access to exclusive experiences. Here are 7 Things You Can Only Do At Mickey’s Halloween Party:
- Trick-or-Treat: Mickey’s Halloween Party is the only time families can trick-or-treat throughout the park. Upon entry into Disneyland Park, guests will receive a treat bag to collect candy and other healthy snacks. Each trick-or-treat trail is clearly marked and can be located on the event map or the Disneyland app.
- Don Your Favorite Costume: Anyone can wear a costume during Mickey’s Halloween Party, but be sure to review the resort’s costume guidelines before your arrival. Opt for a family-friendly costume and be sure to take a photo with one of your favorite Disney characters!
- Meet the Disney Villains: Be sure to visit Town Square during Mickey’s Halloween Party for a rare photo opp with your favorite Disney Villains. Bonus: This year, guests will have access to unlimited Disney PhotoPass downloads during the party (up to 45 days after your event date) to share with family and friends.
- See the Headless Horseman: Heads up! This is your exclusive opportunity to see the legendary black stallion march down main street with a headless rider at the reins. With his flickering jack-o-lantern to light his path, his search for a replacement head continues. Straight from Sleepy Hollow, the Headless Horseman then ushers in the Frightfully Fun Parade. Tip: Grab a spot approximately 15-30 minutes early. While Main Street U.S.A. is the optimal viewing location, you can also enjoy a pristine view of this march and the parade in front of “it’s a small world.” There are two showtimes at 8:40 PM and 10:20 PM.
- See your Favorite Disney Characters and Villains in the Frightfully Fun Parade: Immediately following the arrival of the Headless Horseman, a procession of friends, fiends, ghosts and ghouls marches down Main Street, U.S.A. Hosted by Mickey and Minnie Mouse, this creepy cavalcade features Jack Skellington, the Pumpkin King from The Nightmare Before Christmas, Dr. Facilier and his Shadow Men (The Princess and the Frog), and the Grim Grinning Ghosts from the Haunted Mansion. Tip: Grab a spot approximately 15-30 minutes early. While Main Street U.S.A. is the optimal viewing location, you can also enjoy a pristine view of this march and the parade in front of “it’s a small world.” There are two showtimes at 8:40 PM and 10:20 PM.
- See the Exclusive Halloween Screams Fireworks Spectacular: The entertainment during Mickey’s Halloween Party is frightfully fantastic. And the highlight of the night is Jack Skellington’s epic fireworks spectacular complete with bone-chilling booms and haunted tunes. This show features soaring flames, ghostly projections and your favorite Disney villains. Don’t forget to “scream” along with Jack and his villainous fiends. Tip: Secure a spot in front of the Sleeping Beauty Castle for optimal views of this fireworks spectacular. Showtime is at 9:30 pm
- Listen to a Haunting Performance by the Cadaver Dans: As the fog rises along the Rivers of America, the Cadaver Dans make a ghostly appearance. Their “gruesome” tunes and “razor-sharp” wit are certain to scare up tons of fun. Performances at
- Arrive early! This year, Mickey’s Halloween Party guests can enter the park 3 hours before the start of the party (3 pm / 4 pm, depending on the night). Additionally, guests can enjoy Disney California Adventure Park AND Disneyland Park for the first time during the pre-party mix-in (guests can also park-hop during the party). This is the ideal opportunity to ride Guardians of the Galaxy Monsters After Dark, Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween, Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree, visit Radiator Screams and experience the spell of Oogie Boogie.
- Dress Up for the Occasion: Mickey’s Halloween Party offers families a rare opportunity to dress up. Snap a photo in your favorite costumes in front of the Mickey Pumpkin on Main Street U.S.A. or the Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Park and in front of Mickey’s Fun Wheel at Disney California Adventure Park
- Use the Disneyland Mobile App: This is where you will information on showtimes, ride wait times and closures, character meet and greet locations, and more. I also encourage attendees to pick up a special event map to locate special entertainment, characters, trick-or-treat trails, and more.
Mickey’s Halloween Party Tickets, Pricing and Party Dates (2017)
- Wednesday, September 20, 2017, 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM
- Friday, September 22, 2017, 7:00 PM to midnight
- Monday, September 25, 2017, 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM
- Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM
- Friday, September 29, 2017, 7:00 PM to midnight
- Tuesday, October 3, 2017, 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM
- Friday, October 6, 2017, 7:00 PM to midnight
- Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM
- Friday, October 13, 2017, 7:00 PM to midnight
- Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM
- Friday, October 20, 2017, 7:00 PM to midnight
- Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM
- Friday, October 27, 2017, 7:00 PM to midnight
- Tuesday, October 31, 2017, 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Ticket prices vary depending on the night and parking is not included.
Tickets for Mickey’s Halloween Party 2017 are sold out! Be sure to visit Disneyland.com/Party in July 2018 to purchase tickets.
You can still experience Halloween Time at Disneyland! Be sure to check out our exclusive Halloween Dining and Activity guides!