We walked into the LEGOLAND Hotel that Spring afternoon and into every kids’ LEGO dreams. The hotel was the first LEGO-themed hotel in North America and boasts 3,500 LEGO models built with over 3 million LEGO bricks. Each of the three themed rooms take kids on an exciting adventure where imagination and their favorite colorful, interlocking bricks come to life. The hotel has received a number of accolades, including being named one of Trip Advisor’s Top 25 Hotels for Families in the United States. Five years after the opening of the LEGOLAND Hotel, I found myself donning a hard hat to tour the soon-to-be opened LEGOLAND Castle Hotel.
Consideration provided by the LEGOLAND Resort.
LEGOLAND Castle Hotel
The LEGOLAND Castle Hotel will open April 27, 2018, and in advance of the grand opening, I am giving you a sneak peek! With over 250 deluxe-themed rooms, the resort’s first full-service, sit-down restaurant, and a Royal Courtyard with a stage for live plays and shows and a giant movie screen for nighttime movies, the LEGOLAND Castle Hotel expands upon the resort’s immersive LEGO experiences.
Hotel amenities include the following:
- Concierge desk
- Room service
- Valet and self-parking
- Electric car-charging stations
- Fitness center
- Laundry on-site
- Daily housekeeping service
New Themed Rooms
Step into a LEGO storybook filled with knights, dragons, wizards, and princesses. Families can choose from one of three themed rooms (sleeps 5 guests with a max of 2 adults) which feature artistically-crafted LEGO models and decor. Themes include Knights & Dragons, Royal Princess, and Magic Wizard.
- Knights & Dragons: This room features celebratory bunting, shields, and a stained glass window above the bed.
- Royal Princess: Fanciful flowers, vines, and peek-a-boo murals of neighboring kingdoms are the standout features of this room.
- Magic Wizard: Glowing potions, spells, and LEGO creatures bring this charming room to life.
Additionally, there are 20 suites that sleep up to 7 guests (with a max of 4 adults). Each themed room includes the following:
- FREE premium breakfast
- Exclusive early Park access
- LEGO theming and models
- Welcome treasure hunt with LEGO suprises
- Ultimate Kid’s Quarters with separate sleeping area, entertainment center, bunk bed and pull out trundle
- King size bed
- LEGO bricks to build with in your room
- 2 high-definition flat panel TVs
- Mini-fridge and coffee maker
- Cribs (available upon request)
Dragon’s Den Restaurant
The resort’s only full-service sit-down restaurant will feature an open kitchen, affording guests an opportunity to see their food being prepared by the chefs at the hotel. The restaurant will also serve locally-sourced food at each meal and provide live entertainment. Breakfast, which is included with each guest’s stay, will be served inside Dragon’s Den Restaurant and includes made-to-order items and a buffet.
The new outdoor entertainment venue will inspire children to create their very own fairy tales. The outdoor DUPLO play area is designed for younger kids and the larger play structures are suitable for older kids. When the sun sets, families can enjoy nighttime movies on the giant movie screen. The outdoor stage will feature live plays and shows. The concierge desk will list the activities for each day.
Enhanced Pool Area
The brand new resort-style pool features a gradual, zero-entry, incline, suitable for even the smallest guests. The pool will also include LEGO soft bricks and interactive water play features. Grown-up guests can relax in the hot tub. If you plan to spend the day at the pool, cabanas are available for rent seasonally and food and beverage service is available at the pool bar and grill. Menu items include made-to-order smoothies, sandwiches, and salads.
9 Reasons to Stay at the LEGOLAND Castle Hotel
- The LEGOLAND Castle Hotel is located at the main entrance to LEGOLAND California
- Guests of the hotel will receive exclusive early access to select rides and attractions before the park opens to the public.
- The hotel features LEGO models and accents throughout and the world of LEGO comes to life inside each room.
- The hotel lobby will feature a slide that connects the lobby to the first floor.
- Guests entering the Grand Hall will be greeted by a large LEGO Wizard model.
- In the same fashion as the Disco elevator at the LEGOLAND Hotel, a knock-knock door will entertain guests entering the LEGOLAND Castle Hotel.
- Kids who bring a Minifigure from home can trade with any of the Model Citizens during their stay.
- Each room features a separate kids’ area with LEGO building tables and a scavenger hunt.
- Each night, kids can participate in the LEGO building competition with an opportunity to receive a LEGO prize.