Despite our warm Fall weather, winter is just a few weeks away. As we head into cold and flu season, I am taking steps to ensure we are healthy during this season. Many of the viruses and bacteria that cause the common cold and flu can be prevented by taking just a few precautionary steps. Additionally, we have added Sambucol to our wellness approach to cold and flu season.
Consideration provided by Sambucol.
5 Tips For Staying Healthy During Cold & Flu Season
- Know when to wash your hands. Hand-washing is the number one way to prevent the spread of germs. So why does illness still abound, particularly during the winter months? People are often not cognizant of when they should wash their hands. If you touch your eyes, nose, or mouth, you should wash your hands. Before you eat and after you use the restroom are appropriate times to wash your hands. When you’re ill, you should be extremely vigilant about hand-washing after sneezing and blowing your nose.
- When you can’t wash your hands, antibac! A waterless antibacterial is very beneficial, particularly with children. Opt for alcohol and chemical-free products that are still effective at killing germs.
- Get enough R & R: It is during relaxation and sleep that our bodies rejuvenate. Our immune system, in particular, needs this time of rest to repair itself so that it can fight off illness.
- Become a pro on probiotics: Whether you get them through yogurt or via supplements, probiotics can decrease the number of illnesses you get and their severity.
- Get a breath of fresh air: One of the reasons illness is so prevalent during the Fall and Winter months is that everyone congregates inside due to the weather. This is the time when we avoid crowded, indoor spaces and opt for the outdoors.
After reading about the health benefits of Black Elderberry, I agreed to partner with Sambucol to try out their line of wellness products designed to support the immune system. Sambucol was developed by a virologist. This natural antioxidant has been researched and tested in published clinical trials demonstrating its ability to help support the immune system.
Black Elderberry is high in antioxidants, containing twice the natural antioxidant capacity of blueberries and more than 50% the overall antioxidant capability of cranberries. Available in syrups, tablets, and gummies, Sambucol uses a proprietary method of extraction to guarantee consistent, immune support in every serving.
Gummies are our preferred method of delivery for supplements and vitamins which is why we have been taking Sambucol Black Elderberry Gummies this season. These pectin-based gummies are sweetened with pure cane sugar (1 gram of sugar per serving) and contain no artificial colors or flavors. They are also gluten, nut, soy, dairy, and egg-free and suitable for those adhering to special diets.
Since my kids already take a multivitamin, we simply added Sambucol Black Elderberry Gummies to our daily wellness regimen.
You can find Sambucol at your local CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Walmart, or Target stores. For additional information visit SambucolUSA.com.
What are your best tips for staying healthy this winter?