With Halloween less than 2 weeks away, I’ve got the 411 on the spookiest happenings in LA and Orange County. This week, I will continue to feature Family-Friendly Fall and Halloween Events throughout LA and Orange County! With my kids in school full-time, we don’t have as much freedom to jet off to our local zoo, museum, or aquarium. My children love to visit these types of places because they provide a unique, engaging experience, and I enjoy them because learning becomes fun for them. Fortunately, their weekend events provide the perfect mix of edutainment for kids of all ages. This weekend, Scarium of the Pacific returns to the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, California.
Scarium of the Pacific
On October 27 and 28, 2018, families can discover the creepy creatures lurking the depths at the Aquarium of the Pacific. The not-too-spooky event features magic shows, costume contests, face painting, and more. Look for otherworldly animals in the Great Hall, awe over the underwater pumpkin carvings, participate in kooky crafts, and sit down for a spooky story!
Scarium of the Pacific Schedule
- 10:15 a.m. Spooky Storytelling for Kids
- 10:45 a.m. Creepy Critter Photo Opportunity
- 11:15 a.m. Underwater Pumpkin Carving Show
- 11:45 a.m. Creepy Critter Photo Opportunity
- 12:00 p.m. Vampire Magician Show for Kids
- 12:30 p.m. Spooky Storytelling for Kids
- 1:00 p.m. Kids’ Costume Contest
- 2:15 p.m. Underwater Pumpkin Carving Show
- 3:15 p.m. Vampire Magician Show for Kids
- 3:30 p.m. Creepy Critters Show
- 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Craft & Coloring Contest, paper pumpkins, masks, and more!
Annual Children’s Halloween Costume Contest
The annual Halloween Costume Contest at Scarium of the Pacific will take place on the Honda Blue Cavern Stage. Kids who would like to enter should meet at 12:45 pm in front of Lorikeet Forest with a completed registration card. Registration cards can be picked up at the Information Desk. Each contestant will receive a treat for entering and enjoy a photo opp with one of the Aquarium’s costumed characters.
Scarium of the Pacific Details
- What: A spooktacular Halloween event featuring a children’s costume contest, a creepy coloring contest, magic shows, underwater pumpkin carving, spooky storytelling, kooky crafts, and more.
- Where: Aquarium of the Pacific 100 Aquarium Way, Long Beach, CA 90802
- When: Saturday and Sunday October 27th and 28th from 9 am to 5 pm
- Cost: Scarium of the Pacific is included in the price of admission. Adults: $29.95 Children (3-11): $17.95
Aquarium of the Pacific Free Admission
I have a spooktacular deal for you! If you bring in this coupon, you will receive free admission for each child in a costume. For more information visit AquariumofthePacific.org.
Scarium of the Pacific Giveaway
One of you will win a family four-pack of tickets to Scarium of the Pacific at the Aquarium of the Pacific. Giveaway does not include travel. To enter, simply complete the Rafflecopter form and leave a comment with your child’s costume for 2018. Comments will close on Friday, October 26, 2018 at 11:59 PM PST.
US Residents only. Duplicates and comments not including the above information will be disqualified. Comments are moderated. If you don’t see your comment in a reasonable amount of time, send me an email. Bloggers and non-bloggers may enter. If you don’t want to leave your email address, please be sure to check back for my announcement on the winner. Please note that winners must respond within 48 hours of being announced/contacted or another winner will be drawn.