With a passion for the arts, I’ve seen countless performances of Broadway shows, ballets, operas, and concerts. But perhaps the most meaningful shows are those that are born out of adversity. After the war broke out in Ukraine, many, including artists, were uprooted from their home and their families, and everything they knew and loved. Reunited in Dance, which will perform for one night at the Renée and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall brings together international dancers impacted by the war in Ukraine to perform as one. While the show is currently sold out, scroll down to find out how you can still see this incredible performance on the Julianne and George Argyros Plaza!
Reunited in Dance
Reunited in Dance is a unique project, unlike anything that has ever been staged, and brings together dancers from across the world who were formerly in ballet companies like Bolshoi Ballet, Mariinsky Ballet, Mikhailovsky Ballet, and Stanislavsky Theatre. Under the artistic direction of Xander Parish (who was a former principal dancer at the Mariinsky), the performance will feature the following:
- The world premiere of a new ballet choreographed by Parish to Tchaikovsky’s Children’s Album, performed by special guest artist pianist Behzod Abduraimov, who appears in collaboration with the Philharmonic Society of Orange County
- A performance of Christopher Wheeldon’s After the Rain
- Selections from Le Corsaire, Raymonda, Paquita, La Bayadere, Don Quixote, and more
- The North American premiere of a new ballet choreographed and performed by Ilya Zhivoi
Perhaps what is most inspiring about this performance is knowing that these dancers left war-torn countries and yet persist in their craft. For one night, they will become a single remarkable group, showing audiences what they stand for through the art of dance.
Reunited in Dance
Saturday, November 12
Renée and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall
Reunited in Dance Free Simulcast
Tickets to Reunited in Dance are sold out, however, you still have an opportunity to see this beautiful show on the Julianne and George Argyros Plaza for free via simulcast.
The plaza will open at 5:30 pm where you will have an opportunity to purchase food from on-site food trucks and George’s Café. Plus, the first 200 people to arrive will receive a complimentary event souvenir program. Be sure to bring a blanket or a chair as you watch this incredible performance of Reunited in Dance.
- Like Water for Chocolate at Segerstrom Center for the Arts - March 24, 2023
- Mean Girls on Broadway at Segerstrom Center for the Arts - March 4, 2023
- Orange County Restaurant Week - February 10, 2023
Leave a Reply