Queen Mary Christmas is a brand new holiday experience, featuring Christmas cheer on and off the legendary ship. When the sun sets over the Pacific Ocean in Long Beach, The Queen Mary and the space surrounding it offer sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean and the city of Long Beach. The Queen Mary’s holiday transformation will delight families with ice skating on the True North Ice Rink, gingerbread and stocking decorating, strolling, live, entertainment, holiday dining (including sweet treats and indulgent libations), storytime with Mrs. Claus, and meet and greets with Santa.
Consideration provided by The Queen Mary.
The Queen Mary
The Queen Mary’s history dates back to 1936, when the ship had her maiden voyage. At the time, she was considered to be the most magnificent ocean liner ever built. The British ship sailed on the North Atlantic Ocean for the Cunard Line.
Today, the ship is permanently moored in Long Beach and serves as a tourist destination featuring signature dining experiences, a museum, and a hotel. The Queen Mary is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and part of the Historic Hotels of America.
At present, the ship boasts 35,000 square feet of event space in 13 Art Deco salons and a tri-level, 45,000 square foot Exhibit Hall. There are 347 staterooms and nine suites available for booking. Restaurants include Sir Winston’s Chelsea Chowder House, Promenade Café, Observation Bar, and a weekly award-winning Champagne Sunday Brunch served in the ship’s Grand Salon.
Queen Mary Christmas
The Queen Mary Ship just debuted their holiday adventure from Long Beach to the North Pole, and we have the inside on what to expect and what not to miss!
Your journey begins outside, but feel free to explore the art-deco-inspired Main Hall where the Christmas tree sets the stage for the holidays. Find out the most current holiday offerings onboard the ship at Passenger Information.
Meet Old St. Nick. Onboard the ship, visit Santa’s Captain’s Quarters to share your wish list for the season and snap a photo. You can also see a cool display of the ship inside this space. Santa Photo: $29/photo. On Saturday mornings, families can enjoy Breakfast With Santa. This pajama party breakfast includes story time and photos with Santa. $20 for kids 4-11, $40 for adults.
DIY Hot Cocoa and Story Time With Mrs. Claus. Located in the Main Hall, Mrs. Claus will share her favorite holiday stories while families sip on hot cocoa. Alternatively, adults can enjoy a spiked hot chocolate complete with a hot chocolate bar. Souvenir Mug (with Hot Chocolate) $9.00/mug.
Practice Your Toe Pick. Lace up your ice skates and glide across the outdoor 6,000-SF True North Ice Rink. The views of the Long Beach Skyline at night are magnificent and the historic smoke stacks make for beautiful backdrop photos. Ice Skating (Includes Ice Skates) $15.00/person.
- DIY Gingerbread. Join The Singing Baker for a gingerbread house decorating activity at the Gingerbread Village. A giant gingerbread replica of the Queen Mary provides the perfect backdrop for this holiday activity. Gingerbread House Decorating $16.00/person.
- DIY Christmas Stocking. Add some bling to your stocking with the help of Santa’s Elves. You can use the provided decorations, including colorful shapes and jewels, to create your very own Christmas Stocking to take home. Stocking Decorating $11.00/person.
- Ride the Polar Express. Don’t miss this 4-D experience inspired by the heartwarming film in The Queen Mary’s state-of-the-art theater.
- Enjoy Dinner and a Holiday Show. On select nights throughout the season, you can enjoy a three-course dinner and a show featuring the Holiday Follies. The Holiday Follies take you on a musical journey through the holidays, with current arrangements of holiday classics and traditional melodies. $89/person.
Queen Mary Tickets, Parking, and Event Information
Queen Mary Christmas runs November 29, 2019 through January 1, 2020. General admission starts at $22 for adults and $22 for children, when purchased online. VIP admission starts at $65 for adults and $59 for children, when purchased online.
General admission includes entry and holiday activities including access to Santa’s Captain’s Quarters for a Meet & Greet with Santa, Story time with Mrs. Claus, Screening of Polar Express in the 4D Theater, the North Pole Climb, photos inside the Giant Snow Globe, photos inside the #Insta-Wrap Room, rides on the Grand Carousel, rides on the QM Express Train, rides on the Giant Rocking Horse, Christmas Tree-Lined Decks, Canopy of Lights, and Strolling Entertainment.
VIP admission includes general admission entry (and everything listed above) plus one ice skating session, one gingerbread house decorating kit, and one stocking decorating kit.
- Self-parking: $20 ($10 with validation up to 3 hours)
- Valet parking: $30
The Queen Mary is located at 1126 Queens Highway Long Beach, CA 90802.