Queen Mary Christmas is a brand new holiday experience onboard the legendary ship. When the sun sets over the Pacific Ocean in Long Beach, The Queen Mary and the space surrounding it offer sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean and the city of Long Beach. The Queen Mary’s holiday transformation will delight families with ice skating, a Gingerbread Village, a Stocking Shop, strolling vintage carolers, live entertainment, holiday dining, and nightly tree lightning ceremonies.
Consideration provided by The Queen Mary.
The Queen Mary
The Queen Mary’s history dates back to 1936, when the ship had her maiden voyage. At the time, she was considered to be the most magnificent ocean liner ever built. The British ship sailed on the North Atlantic Ocean for the Cunard Line.
Today, the ship is permanently moored in Long Beach and serves as a tourist destination featuring signature dining experiences, a museum, and a hotel. The Queen Mary is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and part of the Historic Hotels of America.
At present, the ship boasts 35,000 square feet of event space in 13 Art Deco salons and a tri-level, 45,000 square foot Exhibit Hall. There are 347 staterooms and nine suites available for booking. Restaurants include Sir Winston’s Chelsea Chowder House, Promenade Café, Observation Bar, and a weekly award-winning Champagne Sunday Brunch served in the ship’s Grand Salon.
Queen Mary Christmas
The Queen Mary Ship just debuted their holiday adventure from Long Beach to the North Pole, and we have the inside on what to expect and what not to miss!
Your journey begins in the art-deco-inspired Main Hall where the main Christmas tree sets the stage and the tone for the experience. Find out the most current holiday offerings onboard the ship at Passenger Information.
- Meet Old St. Nick. Onboard the ship, visit Santa’s Captain’s Quarters for photo opps and to share your wish list for the season. Families can also decorate and take home their very own stocking. You can also see a cool display of the ship inside this space. Santa Photo: $20/photo Stocking Decorating: $10/stocking. On Saturday mornings, families can enjoy Breakfast With Santa. This pajama party breakfast includes story time and photos with Santa. $19 for kids 4-11, $39 for adults.
- DIY Hot Cocoa and Story Time With Mrs. Claus. Located in the Starboard Lounge, Mrs. Claus will share her favorite holiday stories while families sip on hot cocoa. Alternatively, adults can enjoy a spiked hot chocolate complete with a hot chocolate bar. Souvenir Mug (with Hot Chocolate) $8.00/mug
- Practice Your Toe Pick. Lace up your ice skates and glide across the ice rink, located on the uppermost deck of the Queen Mary 180 feet above sea level. The views of the Long Beach Skyline at night are magnificent and the historic smoke stacks make for beautiful backdrop photos. The True North Ice Rink is located on the Sports Deck. Ice Skating (Includes Ice Skates) $15.00/person.
- DIY Gingerbread. Join The Singing Baker for a gingerbread house decorating activity at the Gingerbread Village. A giant gingerbread replica of the Queen Mary provides the perfect backdrop for this holiday activity. Gingerbread House Decorating $15.00/person
- Ride the Polar Express. Don’t miss this 4-D experience inspired by the heartwarming film in The Queen Mary’s state-of-the-art theater.
- Celebrate the Season With a Musical Tree Lighting. At the bow of the ship, enjoy music and the lighting of the ship’s 80-foot animated lighted tree at dusk. The tree features over 45,000 LED lights.
- Enjoy Dinner and a Holiday Show. On select nights throughout the season, you can enjoy a three-course dinner and a show featuring the Holiday Follies or American Bombshells. The Holiday Follies take you on a musical journey through the holidays, with current arrangements of holiday classics and traditional melodies. The American Bombshells is inspired by the Andrews Sisters and brings families an All-American Holiday Spectacular. $80/person
Queen Mary Tickets, Parking, and Event Information
Queen Mary Christmas runs November 23, 2018 through January 6, 2019. General admission starts at $22 for adults and $16 for children, when purchased online. First Class Passport tickets start at $40 for adults and $20 for children, when purchased online. VIP Grand Passport tickets start online at $70 for adults and $55 for children.
General admission includes entry, the Ship Model Gallery & Engine Room, and various holiday activities including access to Santa’s Captain’s Quarters for a Meet & Greet with Santa, Story time with Mrs. Claus, Screening of Polar Express in the 4D Theater, Christmas Tree-Lined Decks, Canopy of Lights, Strolling Entertainment, and Evening Tree Lighting Ceremony.
Each First Class Passport includes general admission entry, access to the Queen Mary Historic Exhibits, Queen Mary tours, Ship Model Gallery & Engine Room, as well as various holiday activities including access to Santa’s Captain’s Quarters for a Meet & Greet with Santa, Story time with Mrs. Claus, Screening of Polar Express in the 4D Theater, Christmas Tree-Lined Decks, Canopy of Lights, Strolling Entertainment, and Evening Tree Lighting Ceremony.
Each VIP Grand Passport includes general admission entry, access to the Queen Mary Historic Exhibits, Queen Mary tours, Ship Model Gallery & Engine Room, ice skating, and all other holiday activities including gingerbread house decorating and stocking trimming.
- Self-parking: $8 with validation (up to 3 hours)
- Valet parking: $15 with validation (up to 3 hours)
The Queen Mary is located at 1126 Queens Highway Long Beach, CA 90802.
Queen Mary Christmas Giveaway
One of you will win a family four-pack of tickets to Queen Mary Christmas + Parking! To enter, simply complete the Rafflecopter form and leave a comment with one thing you are most looking forward to! Comments will close on December 15, 2018 at 11:59 PM PST.
US Residents only. Duplicates and comments not including the above information will be disqualified. Comments are moderated. If you don’t see your comment in a reasonable amount of time, send me an email. Bloggers and non-bloggers may enter. If you don’t want to leave your email address, please be sure to check back for my announcement on the winner. Please note that winners must respond within 48 hours of being announced/contacted or another winner will be drawn.