As a foodie, I tend to be adventurous when it comes to food. I enjoy trying new restaurants and I am always excited to discover a new foodie hot spot. This Fall, the Newport Beach Wine & Food Festival presented by Land Rover, Jaguar, and Aston Martin of Newport Beach returns to the Newport Beach Civic Center September 30th through October 1st, 2017. The event includes tastings from 40 of Orange County’s top restaurants and their executive chefs, 250 varieties of world-class wines, spirits and brews, celebrity chef cooking demos and dinners, Master Sommelier tasting panels, VIP events, live music, and a brand new “Havana Nights” after party.
Here is a brief overview of the weekend events
Newport Beach Wine & Food Festival Weekend Schedule of Events:
Friday, September 29th
- Bravo’s Top Chef Women All-Stars dinner at Waterline Newport Beach, Balboa Bay Resort: Winner, Brooke Williamson with All Stars, Shirley Chung, Casey Thomson and Rachel Haggstrom.
- French Connection dinner at The Winery, Newport Beach: Master Chef Hubert Keller, Yvon Goetz, Jean-Pierre Dubray and Rainer Schwartz
Saturday, September 30th: Official Host: Celebrity Chef Hubert Keller
- VIP Moet-Hennessy’s Champagne and Petrossian Caviar Tasting with Master Sommeliers
- VIP Bravo’s Top Chef Winner and All-Stars meet & greet with cooking demo: Brooke Williamson, Shirley Chung and Casey Thompson
- Bravo’s Top Chef Masters, Lorena Garcia and Art Smith cooking demo
- ABC’s “The Taste” winning mentor and Bravo’s Top Chef All Star, Brian Malarkey cooking demo
- “Havana Nights” after party with cuisine by Latin America’s #1 celebrity chef, Lorena Garcia and Top Chef Masters, Art Smith and Rick Moonen
Sunday, October 1st
- VIP Riedel Glass education & tasting with Hundred Acre wine
- VIP Chef Bravo’s Top Chef All-Stars winner, award winning cookbook author and tv personality, Richard Blais
- Bravo’s Top Chef Fan Favorite, Fabio Viviani cooking demo
- Bravo’s Top Chef All Star, Amar Santana cooking demo
Nobu Newport Beach and Moët Hennessy dinner with Master Chef Nobu Matsuhisa
Participating restaurants include: Marche Moderne Newport Beach, Andrea, and Watertable. For a complete current list of participating restaurants, click here.