I was not expecting to visit the Magic Kingdom that Fall day when I happened to be staying at Disney’s Contemporary Resort for a social media conference. Everything about the trip was spontaneous, so when I found myself with a free evening, I quickly perused the internet for tickets to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at the Walt Disney World Resort. It was 4 days before Halloween and with just a few single tickets left, I decided that I could not leave Orlando without experiencing this special nighttime, Halloween event.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
As soon as the leaves start to change and the weather cools down, families can enjoy this frightfully delightful event. Along with trick-or-treating throughout the park, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party features the Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular, Happy HalloWishes Fireworks Spectacular, Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade, and your favorite Disney characters dressed up for the occasion. The party runs for 32 nights through November 1st 7 pm to midnight and tickets are still available!
Things You Can Only Do At Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park is a separate-ticketed event, which means guests will have access to exclusive experiences. Here are 7 Things You Can Only Do At Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party:
- Trick-or-Treat: Trick-or-treat at one of the most magical places on Earth! Each land at Magic Kingdom Park includes treat trails where families can pick up treats and snacks. If you or your child suffers from food allergies, be sure to pick up a teal treat bag from a Cast Member or from the official Allergy-Friendly Centers at Town Square Theater and Heritagae House. Trick-or-treat at one of the designated trails and pick up teal tokens that can be redeemed at the Allergy-Friendly Centers for allergy-free treats. Be sure to pick up a map to help locate the treat trails throughout the park.
- Dress for the Occasion: Adults and children can wear costumes during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, but be sure to review the park’s Costume Guidelines. Costumes should be family-friendly.
- Take a Bewitching Photo: Guests of Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party can enjoy special Halloween-themed Magic Shots and Animated Magic Shots at select PhotoPass locations including Magic Kingdom Main Entrance, Haunted Mansion, Town Square, Main Street, U.S.A., and Liberty Square. Download the My Disney Experience App to see who has magically materialized in your photos!
- Enjoy a Bone-Chilling Performance by the Cadaver Dans: As you walk through Frontierland, you may find yourself being serenaded by this barbarous-shop quartet. This ghastly group will entertain you with their haunted tunes and “dead pan” humor. Performances at 7:15 PM, 8:00 PM, 8:50 PM, 9:55 PM, and 10:50 PM.
- Join the Monstrous Masquerade at Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade: The Headless Horseman initiates the festivities followed by a frightening array of floats and your favorite costumed Disney characters. The ghostly ghouls from the Haunted Mansion also scare up some fun in this family-friendly parade. Performances at 9:15 PM and 11:15 PM.
- Enjoy the Wicked Good Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular: Hosted by the trio of witch sisters from Disney’s Hocus Pocus, the show features dancers, Disney Villains, and spell-binding visual effects as a spell is cast on guests. Be sure to grab a spot in front of the Cinderella Castle Forecourt Stage to enjoy the show. Showtimes at 7:40 PM, 8:35 PM, 10:45 PM and 12:00 AM.
- See the Exclusive Happy HalloWishes Fireworks Spectacular: With only one showtime during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, this is an exclusive experience you don’t want to miss. Sing-a-long with your favorite Disney Villains as the night sky is lit up with spine-tingling pyrotechnic effects to the sound of haunting melodies. Showtime at 10:15 PM.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Insider Tips
- Get an Early Start! Your ticket to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party allows entry into Magic Kingdom Park up to 3 hours prior to the start of the event. This is an ideal time to grab an early dinner, ride your favorite rides or simply enjoy the park.
- Make a Plan: With so much to see and do, be sure to use the My Disney Experience App and the Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Map to locate treat trails, entertainment and attractions.
- Make a Disney Dining Reservation: During Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, there are 3 table-service dining options including Be Our Guest, Crystal Palace, and Cinderella’s Royal Table. Advanced reservations are recommended and can be made online.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Tickets, Pricing and Party Dates (2017)
August 25, 29; September 1, 7, 10, 12, 15, 17, 19, 22, 24, 26 and 29; October 1, 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 22, 24, 26, 27, 29 and 31; and November 1, 2017.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party runs 7 pm to midnight.
Advance tickets are $74 for adults and $69 for ages 3-9.
Visit Disneyworld.com/Halloween or call 407/WDISNEY (934-7639) to purchase tickets.