Last Fall, the sequel to Disney’s dark fantasy film Maleficent, furthered the story of the iconic villain and her relationship with Princess Aurora. Aurora’s upcoming marriage to Prince Philip and the growing animosity between the humans and the fairies set the stage for Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, now available on Digital in HD and 4K Ultra HD, Movies Anywhere, 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD.
Consideration provided by Disney.
Maleficent: Mistress of Evil
The relationship between a mother and a daughter is unlike any other, and what I loved about the original film is how Maleficent and Aurora developed and strengthened their bond. The sequel furthers their relationship as it is tried by Aurora’s impending marriage to Prince Philip, designed to unite the Kingdom of Ulstead and the Moors. With a new nemesis, Aurora and Maleficent are pulled apart to opposing sides of this Great War between the humans and the fairies. Their loyalties will be tested as they fight to become a true family.
Maleficent: Mistress of Evil Blu-ray and DVD Bonus Features
Bring home Maleficent: Mistress of Evil on digital, blu-ray or DVD and enjoy brand new bonus features, extended scenes, outtakes, and more! Bonus features take you behind-the-scenes with the cast to explore the making of the film. Extended scenes reveal how Queen Ingrith (Michelle Pfeiffer) manipulates Aurora into questioning Maleficient and accelerating her wedding plans. Featurettes include interviews with Angelina Jolie, who discusses Maleficent’s origins and the cast who portray the Fey, and Fanning, who gushes over Aurora’s fairytale wedding. Filmmakers showcase the visual effects behind the film’s stunning landscapes and the seemingly effortless flight of the Fey. Additional extras include “You Can’t Stop The Girl,” a music video performed by Bebe Rexha, and hilarious outtakes, ranging from uncooperative cats to uncontrollable giggles on set.
Fans who purchase “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil” on Digital will gain access to an exclusive extra in which fantasy-film veteran Warwick Davis divulges the backstory for his character, Lickspittle.
- Lickspittle: Fantasy-film veteran Warwick Davis considers how every aspect of the film’s design inspired his tragic character.
Blu-ray & Digital Bonus Features:
- Extended Scenes:
- The Queen Comforts Aurora – Queen Ingrith takes advantage of Aurora’s fragile state to gain her confidence and accelerate the wedding plans.
- Philip and Aurora Dance – Aurora struggles to gain Queen Ingrith’s approval when she realizes how she is viewed among aristocracy.
- Origins of the Fey – Angelina Jolie discusses Maleficent’s lore, her newly discovered origins, and the diversity of the cast who portray the Fey.
- Aurora’s Wedding – Elle Fanning gushes over Aurora’s fairytale wedding; plus, hear from some special guests as they give their best to the bride and groom.
- If You Had Wings – Get a glimpse of the elaborate visual effects that allow the Fey to take to the skies.
- “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil” VFX Reel – Discover how a perfect blend of practical and visual effects were used to create the stunning landscapes in “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil.”
- Outtakes: Uncooperative cats, a serious case of the giggles and even the “floss dance” found their way into Ulstead.
- “You Can’t Stop The Girl”: Music video performed by Bebe Rexha.
Maleficent: Mistress of Evil Pie Pops
To celebrate the release of Maleficent: Mistress of Evil on Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital, Disney collaborated with 2 Geeks Who Eat to create these Maleficent: Mistress of Evil Pie Pops.