My kids’ toy interest has waxed and waned over the years, but their interest in LEGOS continues to persist. With drawers filled with LEGOS, both of my kids still have the latest sets on their wish lists. When the original LEGO Movie was announced, we were one of the first audiences to see it, captivated by the innovative way the filmmakers brought their favorite toy to life. This winter, Warner Bros. released a sequel to the film, and The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part once again tugged at our heart strings, compelled laugher, and reminded us exactly why we love those colored bricks. Timed for the film’s release, LEGOLAND California announced the opening of a brand new experience for families: The LEGO Movie 2 Experience. Additionally, guests can celebrate all-things LEGO Movie during LEGO Movie Days at LEGOLAND.
Consideration provided by LEGOLAND California Resort.
The LEGO Movie 2 Experience
The LEGO Movie 2 Experience offers families a unique opportunity to experience movie magic by stepping onto an actual LEGO set as seen in the latest film. See Emmet, Lucy, and their LEGO co-stars in their hometown of Apocalypseburg in miniature scale.
THE LEGO® Movie 2 Experience features more than 500,000 LEGO bricks and took Master Model builders more than 960 hours to assemble for the blockbuster film. The new attraction offers guests an up-close look at Apocalypseburg and models from the Systar System. Fans can stand in the same place as characters from the film and imagine being in the action!
Six members of the Model Shop Team at LEGOLAND California Resort have been reconstructing the set from the blockbuster motion picture for five months, working with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and sets designers to ensure the details are as accurate as possible in both the basement scene and Bianca’s room. Bianca’s room highlights the fanciful DUPLO city and cake palace she was building in the movie, along with the film’s memorable characters such as Queen Watevera Wa-Nabi, ruler of the faraway Systar System, and General Mayhem, a masked space pilot.
When LEGO Movie writer and producer Chris Miller was asked what guests can expect, he stated that they will “get to feel like they’re inside the movie and notice all the detail work that the set designers, prop designers and everybody else put in.”
LEGO Movie Days
To celebrate the release of the film, LEGOLAND California Resort will host LEGO Movie Days February 16-18, 2019 and February 23-24, 2019. Guests can expect the following LEGO movie-themed activities:
- The LEGO Movie 2 Character Meet & Greets: Meet Emmet, Lucy, Benny, and the stars of the latest film
- The LEGO Movie 2 Dance Party: Show off your favorite dance moves as you party with Emmet and his friends.
- Miniland Scavenger Hunt: Emmet and his friends have lost their way. Your job is to find them in Miniland U.S.A. to save the day. Once you complete your entry form, you will be entered to win The LEGO Movie Prize Pack.
- The LEGO Movie 2 Mystery Mosaic Build: Work together to build a LEGO mosaic. This experience is first come, first serve.
- WB Family GameSpace featuring The LEGO Movie Video Game: Join Emmet and his friends on their quest to thwart Lord Business’ evil plans.
- The LEGO Movie 4D: A New Adventure: Follow Emmet and his friends as they are forced into the middle of an evil secret plot.
- The LEGO Movie 2 Giveaway: Pick up The LEGO Movie 2 poster, while supplies last. T
LEGO Movie Days is included with admission to LEGOLAND California. For more information, visit LEGOLAND.com.