We are entering the hottest months of the summer here in Southern California and we have spent our summer days cooling off at Orange County’s largest water park, Knott’s Soak City! The 15-acre water park is open through September 18th, so there is still plenty of time for splashtastic fun! With 23 slides for adults and kids of all ages, there really is something for everyone. Check out our complete Knott’s Soak City Family Guide.
Consideration provided by Knott’s Soak City Waterpark and Knott’s Berry Farm.
Knott’s Soak City Water Park
Soak City is located adjacent to Knott’s Berry Farm and features 23 speed, tube and body slides, a 750,000-gallon Tidal Wave Bay wave pool, the one-third-mile Sunset River (one of the longest lazy rivers at a water park), and the three-story Beach House which boasts 200 water guns, nozzles, sprayers and other interactive water play.
Rides and Slides
- Banzai Falls: Race to the finish on this speed slide, which features 6 lanes and a height of over 41 feet. Riders slide head first on a mat and end with a splash.
- Beach House: Splash, slide, and play at Soak City’s three-story Beach House. Activities include interactive water guns, faucets, water slides, and more. Plus, every five minutes, the water bucket unloads 500 gallons of water on everyone below.
- Laguna Storm Watch Tower: A storm is brewing atop the 43-foot tower! Choose from the Typhoon, Tornado, or Cyclone tube slides.
- Malibu Run: Situated at a height of 39 feet, the four single-person, inner-tube slides include open flume and enclosed, dark flumes for the ultimate thrill!
- Old Man Falls: Thrill-seekers will love defying gravity with the speed-slide action of Pipeline, Point Break, and Riptide, situated 63 feet high atop Old Man Falls.
- Shore Break: At seven stories high, the towers feature six thrilling water slides, including two dueling slides that propel riders through a series of drops and turns. Four of the six slides have guests climb inside the Aqua-Launch chamber where they wait for the floor to drop from underneath them for a vertical free fall.
- The Wedge: Families (up to 6) can ride together on an open-air raft ride that features twists, turns, and unexpected drops.
- Tidal Wave Bay: Surfs up at the 750,000-gallon bay. Enjoy the sun when the waves are calm, then brave them as they start to roll in.
- Sunset River: Take a break from the thrilling aquatic action at Knott’s Soak City on the 1780-foot lazy river. At one-third mile in length, it is one of the longest and widest water park lazy rivers in the world.
- Gremmie Lagoon: Even the smallest of kids can make a splash at the tot-sized playground, which features an interactive octopus, submarines, and oversized landmarks that squirt, sprinkle, soak, and splash kids and their parents.
Knott’s Soak City offers 2 dining locations, separate drink refill stations, and 2 Dippin’ Dots carts. Additionally, those who rent a cabana for the day have access to a separate menu with waiter service.
- Longboard’s Grill: The quick-serve restaurant features grilled burgers, hot dogs, fish and chips, chicken sandwiches, fresh salads, assorted wraps, and a variety of side options.
- Portside Pizza: The pizza venue offers salads, pizzas, and funnel cakes.
- Drink Refill Stations: Fill up your all-season or single-day souvenir cup at one of the three stations located throughout Knott’s Soak City.
Three Dining Plans are offered including a Single Meal Deal (entrée, side, and fountain drink), All Day Dining (Enjoy an entrée and a side as often as every 90 minutes. Drinks are not included), Premium All Day Dining (Enjoy a select entrée & side, or snack, as often as every 90 minutes and free refills on beverages every 15 minutes), and All Season Dining (Enjoy lunch and dinner at the park with a 4-hour interval between meals. Drinks are not included). Tip: Purchase a Souvenir Bottle online for the best price on drinks throughout the season.
The Cabana Life
One of the best ways to make the most of your visit to Knott’s Soak City is to rent a semi-private cabana. The summer season can get busy at the water park, so renting a cabana ensures you have a shaded space to relax in between water play.
Each cabana reservation includes 8 wristbands and amenities including a table with an umbrella, 4 inner tube rentals, and waiter service (food is an additional cost). The three cabana offerings include Shore Break, Wavepool, and Malibu and correspond to the location. Prices for the day start as low as $199 and reservations can be made online.
Before You Go
- Pack a swimsuit, a rash guard, towels, sandals/water shoes, sunscreen, sunglasses, and a waterproof phone case. If you forget any of these items, the Wipeout Surf Shop sells all of your waterpark needs.
- Lockers are available for rent starting at $15 for the day. This is the most secure way to store valuables such as your cell phone and wallet.
- Knott’s Soak City allows small hand-held coolers containing water, a small umbrella, personal float toys, and life jackets (however they must be Coast Guard-approved).
- Knott’s Soak City provides inner tubes free of charge for any ride that requires one. Inner tubes can also be rented for the day.
- Life jackets are available throughout the water park for complimentary use.
Soak City Tickets, Season Passes, Location, and Parking
Knott’s Soak City is located at the following address:
- 8039 Beach Blvd., Buena Park, CA 90620
The best pricing for tickets to Knott’s Soak City is online and starts at $48.
If you have a Gold or Platinum Season Pass, you have access to Soak City throughout the year. Plus, you can bring-a-friend on select days for just $49.99 (up to 4) (July 8 – 31, 2022).
Parking is $25 per vehicle, per day. If you have a Regular or a Gold Pass, you can add the All Season Parking Pass to your 2019 Season Pass for $80 online.
Knott’s Soak City is open through September 18th, 2022 (closing times vary)
A visit to Knott’s Soak City is the perfect way to stay cool this summer! Visit Knotts.com/SoakCity for more information.
- Musical Theatre West Presents Rodgers + Hammerstein’s Cinderella - December 1, 2022
- Non-Alcoholic Coquito Recipe (Puerto Rican Eggnog) - December 1, 2022
- American Ballet Theatre Performs The Nutcracker at the Segerstrom Center for the Arts - November 29, 2022