It is the most delectable time of the year at Knott’s Berry Farm as we celebrate “the berry that started it all.” The boysenberry, a cross between a European raspberry, a European blackberry, and an American dewberry, has roots (literally) that can be traced back to Knott’s farm. Walter Knott was the first to commercially cultivate the berry, and the popularity of the boysenberry ultimately led to his success.
Knott’s Boysenberry Festival is both a celebration of and a tribute to the boysenberry. The festival takes place March 20th through April 19th and will feature some of the most creative and eclectic selection of dishes inspired by the boysenberry. This year’s lineup includes over 75 sweet and savory unique Boysenberry dishes including specialty desserts, crafted drinks, and more, all dreamed up by the incredible culinary team at Knott’s Berry Farm.
The best way to indulge your Boysenberry cravings is to pick up a Knott’s Boysenberry Festival Tasting Card. For $40 (or $38 if you are a season passholder), you can enjoy eight generous tastings from a selection of 26 food and drink offerings. Here is a preview of the items available on the tasting card and where to find them at Knott’s during Boysenberry Festival.
Calico Fry Co.
- Mac and Cheese Bites with Boysenberry Ketchup (vegetarian)
Chow House Booth
- Elote with Boysenberry Mayo, Cotija Cheese, and Boysenberry Tortilla Chips (vegetarian, can be made vegan, gluten-free)
Ghost Town Bakery
- Boysenberry Macaron (gluten-free, vegetarian)
- Glazed Donut Holes with Boysenberry Ice Cream and a Boysenberry Coulis (vegetarian)
Pemmican Pickle Booth
- Boysenberry Steak Chili with a Boysenberry Cornbread Muffin (can be made gluten-free)
- Brussel Sprouts topped with a Boysenberry Balsamic and Bacon (gluten-free, can be made vegetarian/vegan)
Silver Bullet Booth #1
- Boysenberry Smoothie (gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian)
Silver Bullet Booth #2
- Churro rolled in Boysenberry Sugar (vegetarian)
Silver Bullet Dip n’ Dots
- Boysenberry Cookiewich (vegetarian)
- Boysenberry BBQ Chicken Drumstick (gluten-free)
- Beef Tips with Boysenberry Mashed Potatoes (gluten-free)
- Boysenberry Cajun Shrimp over Grits (gluten-free)
- Pork Bao Bun with Boysenberry Kimchi and Nam pla
- Boysenberry Basil Lemonade (gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian)
- Boysenberry Beer (vegetarian)
- Boysenberry Wine (vegetarian, gluten-free)
Wagon Wheel Pizza
- Boysenberry Bread Pudding topped with Boysenberry Coulis and Crème Anglaise Sauce (vegetarian)
- Boysenberry Chicken Mole on Cilantro Rice (gluten-free)
- Boysenberry Mimosa, a Sparkling Wine with Boysenberry Fruit Juice (gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian)
- Samosa with Boysenberry Chutney (vegetarian, vegan)
- Boysenberry Ceviche with Tortilla Chips (gluten-free)
- Boysenberry Sangria (gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian)
- Homemade Chips with Boysenberry Onion Dip (gluten-free, vegetarian)
- Pastrami Sandwich on a Pretzel Bun topped with Boysenberry Mustard
Wilderness Dance Hall
- Beer Cheese Soup topped with Boysenberry drizzle and Brown Butter Croutons (vegetarian)
- Boysenberry Sausage on a Bun (can be made gluten-free)
This year’s Boysenberry Festival Tasting Card offers the most opportunities for families to try a variety of Boysenberry foods. And I personally love that the culinary team at Knott’s ensured that the selection of food and drink options was expansive enough to include special diets, including vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free. Guests can choose to indulge their sweet tooth, sample Knott’s selection of beers and wines, or opt for heartier options like their Boysenberry Steak Chili. Culture was weaved into this year’s selection of Boysenberry foods, and guests are certain to be excited about seeing Elote, Chicken Mole, Sangria, Samosas, Cajun Shrimp, and a Pork Bao Bun added to this year’s menu. Guests who enjoy the spirits can also opt to purchase a Craft Beer and Wine Tasting Card for $35.
While many of you are likely “just here for the food,” do not miss out on the live entertainment, stage shows, local crafters, and games (including Knott’s infamous Boysenberry Pie Eating Contest) offered during Boysenberry Festival.
The best way to visit Knott’s Berry Farm and enjoy every single delicious day of Knott’s Boysenberry Festival is with a Season Pass! A regular season pass offers unlimited admission to the park in 2020 with no blackout dates. For more information, visit Knotts.com.