With Fall upon us, the days are getting shorter and our temperatures are dropping. We live in Southern California so we cannot complain, however, on those nights when it dips down into the 40s, the last thing I am thinking about is a swim in a pool. Unless that pool is located at California’s first indoor water park, Great Wolf Lodge. Situated in Garden Grove, it also stands as Great Wolf Lodge’s largest resort. With Halloween upon us, the resort will undergo a spooky transformation during Howl-O-Ween at Great Wolf Lodge with plenty of tricks and treats!
Howl-O-Ween at Great Wolf Lodge
My kids absolutely love Great Wolf Lodge because of its exhilarating aquatic fun and nighttime activities. During Howl-O-Ween, kids can dress up, trick-or-treat, enjoy a spooky story and more!
- Trick-or-Treat Trail: Put on your favorite costume and join Wiley along the themed trick-or-treat trail. This is a family favorite and features interactive games where kids can collect candy at stops throughout Great Wolf Lodge. The trail also includes a Teal Pumpkin stop, offering a Great Wolf Lodge branded non-food treat for guests with food allergies, or parents looking to avoid too many sweets.
- Monster Bash Dance Party: Once you’ve satisfied your sweet tooth, join Wiley and his friends for an epic dance party to the beat of Howl-O-Ween songs.
- Spooktacular Story Time: Before you settle down for the evening, enjoy a special Howl-O-Ween story.
- Howl-O-Ween House
- Nightly Howl-O-Ween themed games in the lobby including Twisted & Tangled, where kids follow the spinner and try to stay on their feet to get a treat and Boo Bingo where five in a row gets a bingo and yelling “boo” is the winning lingo.
- Haunted Hustle Scavenger Hunt and a Spooky Walk
- An UnBoolieveable Character Meet, Greet & Treat: Grab a snack during a break from all the Howl-O-Ween fun. Then snap a selfie with Wiley.
- Candy Corn Guessing Contest: Your mission is to guess how many candy corn treats are in the jar at the front desk. The guess closest to the correct number without going over will win a Great Wolf Gift Card.
- Howl-O-Ween themed Character Breakfasts
Howl-O-Ween Deal At Great Wolf Lodge
Use the code HOWL for a special deal at Great Wolf Lodge during Howl-O-Ween. Rates start at $199.99 per night and are available October 1-31, 2019.
Before You Go
- Check-in is at 4 pm. Check-out is at 11 am. (you may inquire about late check-out packages)
- Water park passes are included in your suite price. You may access the water park starting at 1 pm on the date of arrival until close on the day of departure.
- Water park hours are as follows: 10 am to 8 pm Sunday – Thursday, 9 am to 9 pm Fridays and Saturdays.
- Kids activities, story time and The Forest Friends Show is included with your stay. Please note that some activities may change during Howl-O-Ween, but are included in your stay.
- There is an additional charge for MagiQuest, Laser Frenzy, Ten Paw Alley, Howl at the Moon Glow Golf, Northern Lights Arcade, Creation Station, Clubhouse Crew, and Howly Wood XD Theater.
- Dining options include The Loose Moose Family Kitchen, Lodge Wood Fired Grill, Hungry as a Wolf, Dunkin’ Donuts, and Bear Paw Sweets & Eats. Additional dining locations inside the water park include Buckets Incredible Craveables and Grizzly Jack’s Bar and Grill.
Images: Great Wolf Lodge