We bundled up with winter coats, hats and mittens and cozied up around the LEGO Christmas tree earlier this week for a tree lighting that illuminated the sky. Every moment at LEGOLAND California Resort is spectacular and memorable and unexpected, just like the debut of their winter celebration.
Media tickets provided.
LEGOLAND California Resort Tree Lighting
It’s become part of our holiday tradition to capture a moment with LEGO Santa and ring in the season with a dusting of snow. Singer/actress Hilary Duff helped Santa pull the switch to light the world’s largest LEGO Christmas Tree at LEGOLAND during their 15th annual tree lighting ceremony.
The night was particularly memorable because the resort donated $10,000 to Baby2Baby on behalf of Duff to help provide low-income children with diapers, clothing and basic necessities. After we sang Christmas songs, Duff pulled the switch, lighting up the sky with fireworks and a magical snowfall.
Holidays at LEGOLAND California Resort
Once again, LEGOLAND will immerse families in a winter wonderland that celebrates the spirit of the season. Through January 1st, 2018, kids can sing and dance with the LEGO Friends in Heartlake City, take photos with LEGO Santa and his LEGO reindeer, join the building activities inside the Heartlake City stables, and more. If you stick around long enough, you’ll catch a flurry of snow to round out your holiday memories. Lastly, LEGOLAND offers a variety of festive holiday treats just for the occasion including churros con chocolate, holiday cookies, peppermint milkshakes, candy apples, smoked turkey legs, a Holiday Smoked Turkey Sandwich with rustic stuffing and cranberry dressing, and more. Here is a brief overview of the Holiday Festivities at LEGOLAND California Resort.
- Enjoy the LEGO Friends Holiday Show: When a heavy snow storm threatens to hit Heartlake City, the LEGO Friends’ holiday party may be ruined. Find out if Stephanie, Andrea, Mia and Olivia can make it through the snow in time for Emma’s perfect party.
- Catch The Yule Tides Show in Fun Town: Join Santa’s elves as they make music. Listen to your favorites and sing along in this brand new show.
- Participate in the Build Activity: Heartlake City Stables will once again host the annual build activity.
- Collect Holiday-Inspired Pop Badges
- Take a Photo With LEGO Santa: After capturing the perfect shot, stick around for the nightly lighting of the LEGO Christmas Tree. The LEGO Christmas Tree stands at 30 feet tall and is comprised of more than 245,000 green DUPLO bricks. If you look closely, you’ll see the brand new LEGO castle ornaments, created by LEGOLAND’s Master Model Builders to celebrate the opening of the new LEGO Castle Hotel.
- Visit the Winter Holiday Market: On December 9th and 16th, 2017, LEGOLAND California will host an authentic German Christmas Market. Eats and treats include grilled sausages served in a roll with caramelized onions, Old World New England Clam Chowder, giant Bavarian pretzels, and seasonal beverages (spiced wine, apple cider, specialty hot chocolate). You can also shop for friends and family with the resort’s exclusive offers.
- Celebrate the Holidays at SeaLife Aquarium: This holiday season, the aquarium will host a holiday-themed dive show and feature festive decor throughout. You can also view the SeaLife-inspired LEGO ornaments on display in the upstairs atrium.
All Holidays activities are included with regular Park admission and the celebration runs through January 1, 2018.
HOLIDAYS AT LEGOLAND HOTEL
Extend your stay at LEGOLAND California Resort with a stay at the LEGOLAND Hotel. Enjoy festive decorations, holiday entertainment and a LEGO Christmas tree. Kids will also enjoy special holiday themed improvisational games and story time at the castle and building contests themed for the festivities.
Holiday Discounts and Offers
- Right now, you can purchase 1-day weekday admission to LEGOLAND California and SEA LIFE Aquarium for just $75. This is a limited-time, online exclusive valid November 18 – December 25, 2017.
- If you plan to stay at the LEGOLAND Hotel, LEGOLAND California Resort is offering a special holiday package. Valid November 18, 2017 through January 1, 2018, it includes a stay at an LEGOLAND Vacations Hotel, Savings on LEGOLAND + SeaLife Hopper tickets plus 2nd Day Free, Exclusive Early Access to LEGOLAND on both days, and a Special Welcome Gift for Kids.
- Lastly, if you’re local, you might consider one of the LEGOLAND Annual Passes which offer numerous savings and discounts.
Celebrate New Year’s at LEGOLAND
Looking for a kid-friendly New Year’s Eve celebration? Ring in the new year with a giant LEGO brick drop and fireworks. The countdown begins at 6 pm, ensuring that even the littlest will be awake for the festivities.
LEGOLAND California Resort Park Hopper Ticket Giveaway
I have teamed up with Let’s Play OC to offer an awesome LEGOLAND Giveaway! To enter to win a 4-pack of LEGOLAND Park Hopper Tickets, simply complete the Rafflecopter Form below! Be sure to leave a comment below.
US Residents Only. No purchase necessary to enter. All readers have an equal chance to win, however, you must enter to win. A winner will be randomly selected via RaffleCopter and notified via email. I will attempt to contact the winner for 3 days. If the winner cannot be reached by email, a new winner will be selected the same way. There are several different ways to earn entries. One prize per household. The winner will receive, free of charge, the prize mentioned above. This prize is not available for exchanges and has no cash value. Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. The winner is responsible for any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Not liable for unclaimed prizes or fulfillment.