For months we have watched how Knott’s Berry Farm’s newest roller coaster has evolved. HangTime is the first and only dive coaster in California. The coaster sits 150 feet above the ground and features a 96-degree drop. During the launch party, we had an opportunity to experience the ride first-hand. The track is visually impressive, particularly at night when HangTime comes to life, illuminating the Boardwalk area.
HangTime at Knott’s Berry Farm
Knott’s Berry Farm has been a leader in the innovation of roller coasters. Corkscrew, which opened at the park in 1975 was the first corkscrew inversion roller coaster. Montezooma’s Revenge, which opened in 1978 and was my very first roller coaster, was the first fly wheel launch coaster. HangTime is Knott’s Berry Farm’s next-generation infinity coaster, now open at the park. HangTime will take riders 15 stories up a vertical lift hill and come to a halt, leaving them suspended at the crest for several seconds before descending down a 96-degree drop. At nighttime, the ride structure comes to life and illuminates the Boardwalk area with colorful nighttime track chase lighting.
HangTime is an adrenaline rush. The disappearing track creates the illusion of the unknown, as if the rider is being suspended over a cliff. This video of Matt Johnson from Fox riding HangTime is everything you need to know about the ride!
7 Things You Didn’t Know About HangTime
- HangTime is the first and only dive coaster in California
- The coaster sits 150 feet above the Boardwalk, has a track length of 2,189 feet, and travels at speeds of up to 57 mph
- The beyond vertical drop is the steepest in California at 96 degrees
- The coaster’s train comes to a halt once the highest peak is reached, leaving riders suspended at the crest for several seconds staring downward at a 60-degree angle, giving the illusion of a disappearing track
- The Holding Break at 60 degrees will hang guests looking down over the first drop before starting
- HangTime features 5 thrilling, gravity-defying inversions
- HangTime is only the second roller coaster in the Western Hemisphere to feature a Negative-G Stall Loop, giving the sensation of floating (the other is “The Monster” at Adventureland Park in Iowa)
Ride HangTime All Season Long
Can’t get enough of HangTime? Experience the thrills of this brand new coaster all year round with a 2018 Knott’s Season Pass.
- Regular Season Pass: Includes unlimited admission in 2018 to Knott’s Berry Farm with no blackout dates. Cost: $92
- Gold Season Pass: Includes unlimited admission in 2018 to Knott’s Berry Farm and Knott’s Soak City Waterpark with no blackout dates. Cost: $110
Knott’s Berry Farm Giveaway
I have partnered with Knott’s to offer one family a Knott’s Berry Farm Family 4-Pack. Here is what the winner will receive:
- 4 pack of general admission tickets (value: $79 each)
- 4 pack of single day Fast Lane wristbands (value: $75 each)
- 4 pack of All Day Dining wristbands (value $31.99 each)
- 1 parking pass (value: $18)
Total prize value: $762
To enter, simple complete the Rafflecopter form and leave me a comment with one thing you are looking forward to doing at Knott’s Berry Farm. Comments will close on June 5, 2018 at 11:59 PM PST.
US Residents only. Duplicates and comments not including the above information will be disqualified. Comments are moderated. If you don’t see your comment in a reasonable amount of time, send me an email. Bloggers and non-bloggers may enter. If you don’t want to leave your email address, please be sure to check back for my announcement on the winner. Please note that winners must respond within 48 hours of being announced/contacted or another winner will be drawn.