Earlier this week I asked about what you and your children do for Halloween. I thought I’d share some of the things we’ll be doing this year for Halloween. While I’m not crazy about the “scary” part of Halloween, I do like the baking, crafting, dressing up and trick or treating.
Here are some fun ideas for Halloween this year:
1. Visit a Pumpkin Patch and pick out a pumpkin with your child. My husband and I have been doing this with my son since he was a baby. This year we’re going to visit the Pumpkin Patch at the Irvine Park Railroad!
2. Carve your pumpkin. Disney Family Fun has a ton of pumpkin carving ideas.
3. Bake. These cupcakes look delicious!
4. Dress up. My son is going to be getting a Thomas Kids Costume this year! We live in a safe neighborhood, so I feel comfortable having him dress up so we can take him around the neighborhood to trick or treat.
5. Go to a museum. Many museums hold Halloween-themed events this year. It’s a fun and educational way to celebrate. We’re checking out the LA-based museums and will probably go to the Spooky Science Exhibit at the Discovery Cube since we have free tickets.
6. Go to an amusement park. Again, this is another safe and entertaining way to spend Hallween. We’re planning on taking our little boy to Mickey’s Trick-or-Treat Party at California Adventure Park in October.
7. Go to a carnival/festival. With so many alternative activities, I’m certain you’ll find a safe way to celebrate this year if you’re not comfortable trick or treating with your children.
8. And if you are going trick or treating, be sure to follow these safety tips!
What other ideas do you have for fun Halloween activities with children?