It’s the spookiest time of the year, and in honor of Fall season, I have the inside on Knott’s Scary Farm, the longest running Halloween event in the world. Admittedly, I don’t typically like to be “scared,” but Knott’s Scary Farm is all in good fun and there are plenty of activities to keep you ghoulishly entertained this Fall season.
Consideration provided by Knott’s Berry Farm.
Knott’s Scary Farm
For 25 nights leading up to Halloween, Knott’s Berry Farm will undergo a monstrous transformation complete with 9 elaborately themed walk-through mazes and interactive haunted attractions “run” by trained scare masters, 4 endless scare zones, 2 spectacular new live shows, and 1,000 live monsters, ghosts, ghouls, goblins, and many more. In anticipation of this highly sought-out event, I’ve put together a guide to visiting Knott’s Scary Farm.
What’s new this year at Knott’s Scary Farm?
Knott’s Scary Farm will keep you on your toes with terrifying new mazes and attractions including Dark Entities, The Depths, The Hanging, Hacks! Cutting Room Floor, and Conjurers – Magic and Mirth at the Birdcage Theater.
How to avoid the lines at Knott’s Scary Farm
Fright & Fast Lane offers unlimited priority access to all mazes and priority boarding on all Fast Lane rides. Passes start at $85 and do not include park admission.
Knott’s Scary Farm Tickets and Special Packages
With more options and flexibility this year, you’ll be able to select which ticket option or package is best for you and your family. Single night tickets can be purchased online, in-advance, which will give you the best pricing. Depending on the date, tickets for a single night at Knott’s Scary Farm are priced as low as $44 (season passholders can save up to $5 off this price). If you find yourself making last-minute plans to attend Knott’s Scary Farm on the day of the event, available tickets are $82 each.
If you think you’ll want to visit Knott’s Scary Farm more than once during the season, I recommend looking into the Knott’s Scary Farm Pass. This pass will offer you unlimited visits during the event for just $95 (Season passholders save an additional $10).
As you might imagine, Knott’s Scary Farm can get quite busy, particularly as we get closer to Halloween. A combination ticket which includes admission plus Fright & Fast Lane starts at just $120.
Traveling from out-of-town? Looking to make it a frightfully fun weekend getaway? Knott’s is offering the following haunted hotel packages for the season:
- Bare Bones Packages include a one night stay, Knott’s Scary Farm admission (one per registered guest) for night of arrival, collectible Knott’s Scary Farm Hotel Key Cards, and hotel parking for one vehicle. (rates start at $283)
- Haunted Dreams Packages include a one night stay, one Scary Farm admission ticket for the night of arrival, early entry into Knott’s Scary Farm, Knott’s Hotel Pre-Scare Dinner on the night of arrival, breakfast buffet voucher for one morning, hotel-exclusive Knott’s Scary Farm T-shirt, collectible Knott’s Scary Farm Hotel Key Cards, and hotel parking for one vehicle. (rates start at $378)
- Gruesome Packages include everything in the Haunted Dreams package plus Fright and Fast Lane (rates start at $563)
Before you head into Knott’s Scary Farm, fuel up at Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant or Spurs Chophouse. Each meal features endless servings of entrees and desserts such as Mrs. Knott’s fried chicken, a chef carving station, boysenberry pie, and more. You will also receive a collectible 2018 souvenir bottle with complimentary refills on the event night and $1.00 refills for the remaining 2018 season. After dinner, enjoy early entry into select areas of Knott’s Scary Farm before it opens to the public. Early entry areas include Paranormal Inc., Trick-or-Treat: Lights Out, plus the all new Dark Entities and The Depths plus exclusive monster photo opps before the park opens to the public. Purchase online before the event for just $31.99 (plus tax) or on the day of the event for $36.99 (plus tax).
Knott’s Scary Farm Map
Important things to note before attending Knott’s Scary Farm
- This event is not recommended for children under the age of 13
- Costumes are not allowed
- Buy tickets early since this event always sells out
- Parking is $22 per vehicle and you can pre-purchase ahead of time online
If you are heading to Knott’s Scary Farm, I invite you to follow along on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram with the hashtag #ScaryFarm if you dare!
Knott’s Scary Farm is open select dates September 20 – October 31st, 2018.
Images: Knott’s Scary Farm