I started drinking tea in my twenties as a way to curb my coffee habit and reap some of the health benefits, specifically with regards to boosting immunity. With my sensitivity to caffeine, I tend to lean towards herbal teas which can have positive effects on body systems. One of my longstanding and respected friends in this space, Romy Raves, introduced me to Steep Echo teas. Made from organic olive leaves, these teas are high in nutrients with positive health benefits.
Steep Echo Tea
Steep Echo is a collection of fine, all-natural olive leaf teas. I had never heard of an olive leaf tea, so I was very interested in learning more about the brand.
At present, the brand offers five unique, sophisticated blends, each designed to boost health in a specific area. Each tea contains natural immune-boosting ingredients combined with hand-harvested organic olive leaves to enhance a healthy lifestyle.
- Ascent: This vibrant blend of immune-boosting olive leaf is combined with cinnamon and finished with a touch of vanilla and monk fruit.
- Bloom: This blend pairs organic olive leaves with cooling peppermint, echinacea and savory herbs, and hints of cranberry and licorice root. This is a great tea to drink to sooth sore throats during cold, flu, and allergy season.
- Hush: This is the tea you’ll want to have on hand for soothing and settling an upset stomach. A blend of the finest olive leaf with spicy ginger, calming papaya, and peppermint, you can use this tea as a digestive aid.
- Repose: This calming blend of organic olive leaf, natural botanicals, chamomile, and rose was designed to promote rest and relaxation.
- Tend: This detoxifying blend features organic live leaf, corn silk, and couch grass along with notes of lemon myrtle, mango, and pomegranate. Pair this tea with seafood and lighter meals.
Benefits of the Olive Leaf
The olive leaves used in Steep Echo teas are sourced from the family-owned, certified-organic Bel Lavoro Orchard located in the mountains of Santa Barbara, California. Olive leaves contain the nutrient-rich compound Oleuropein, which promotes increased energy, cardiovascular health, and a more robust immune system. When carefully extracted, a small amount is sufficient to help fight infections and boost immunity. For comparison, the potency of Oleuropein is nearly double that of green tea extract and four times higher than vitamin C. Steep Echo combines the olive leaf with natural herbs, fruits, and spices for overall health and wellness.
Olive leaf tea is a great replacement for those (like myself) who are sensitive to caffeine since it is 100% natural and caffeine free.
Ginger Hush Mocktail
Romy organized a virtual tea party where she demonstrated how to make Steep Echo mocktails/cocktails with the founder. It was wonderful to hear the story of how the brand has evolved and get hands on with their olive leaf teas.
I decided to create my own twist on the brand’s Ginger Hush Fizz recipe.
- 6 ounces Steep Echo Hush
- 4 ounces Ginger Beer
- Fresh cranberries for garnish
- Fresh thyme for garnish
Brew a pot of tea using two Steep Echo Hush sachets. Allow to steep for several hours as it cools.
Combine steeped tea with ginger beer and serve over ice.
Garnish with fresh cranberries and fresh thyme.
Steep Echo Discount
Steep Echo teas make a wonderful holiday gift! Through December 10, 2020, use the code SteepParty to save 20% on their website.