Even before the 1st of October, the kids had already broken in their Halloween costumes for some early Fall trick-or-treating. There aren’t many spaces that haven’t dressed up for the season, and the number of Halloween events in Orange County is varied and expansive.
Unique to Orange County, The Great Park is a hidden gem of sorts, offering families everything from a weekly certified Farmers Market to rides on their iconic Great Park Balloon. The park plays host to a number of special events including concerts, dances, workshops, outdoor movies and more.
Spooktacular Fun Days at the Orange County Great Park
If you’ve driven anywhere near The Great Park, you’ve likely noticed the balloon’s spooktacular transformation! For one weekend in October, The Great Park will host Spooktacular Fun Days, a family-friendly event featuring Halloween fun and entertainment. Here is what you need to know about Spooktacular Saturdays at The Great Park:
- What: Spooktacular Fun Days is the Orange County Great Park’s annual fall tradition.
- When: Saturday and Sunday, October 13, 2018 from 9 am to 4 pm
- Where: 8000 Great Park Blvd. Irvine, CA 92618
- Activities: Treat Town, Pumpkin Patch, Petting Zoo, Entertainment, Crafts, Inflatables, Face Painting, Community Booths, Carnival Games, and Food Trucks.
- Cost: $5 plus food donation (Suggested: one grocery bag of non-perishable food items). Registration is required and limited to one event date per child. There are two available sessions per day and tickets are required for children 12 years old and younger. Tickets are non-refundable and can only be used for the day and time slot indicated on the ticket. Sessions include entry into Treat Town and the Pumpkin Patch and children can enter at any time during their session. Guests can enjoy the rest of the festival for the whole day and adults do not require a ticket. On-site parking is free.
Scare Away Hunger
Children are encouraged to bring in a grocery bag of non-perishable food items as part of entry into Treat Town and the Pumpkin Patch. Donations benefit CAPOC’s Orange County Food Bank and Second Harvest Food Bank. Families are encouraged to donate throughout the month of October and November to help Scare Away Hunger.
For more information, visit CityOfIrvine.org/Orange-County-Great-Park.
Images: The Great Park
- Knott’s Peanuts Celebration Food and Meal Plan Guide - January 27, 2023
- Beyond King Tut: The Immersive Experience - January 19, 2023
- Frozen Musical Debuts at Segerstrom Center for the Arts - January 13, 2023