This giveaway is now closed. Thanks for stopping by. The winner is Maggie M. Congrats!
As an only child, my parents often took me on short vacation getaways, many of which included camping at various lakes in Southern California. My husband and I still enjoy camping, although I prefer to “camp” in a tent close to shower facilities. Camping is an affordable family activity that allows for outdoor exploration and appreciation. You may not know this, but many National Parks offer camping rates for $10 a night.
The National Park Foundation has partnered with Benadryl to encourage families to pledge to spend more time enjoying the outdoors. As part of the campaign, Discovery Channel’s Josh Bernstein offers some tips for helping families enjoy the outdoors while staying safe.
1. Select the Perfect Campground: Whether it’s a national park or your own backyard, choose a fun and unique location that suits your needs, budget, and skill level
2. Know Your Surroundings: Where you set up camp could make or break your experience. Make sure your tent is on elevated ground in case of rain. Check whether there is a nearby water source and find an adequate cooking spot.
3. Pack Essentials: Don’t forget necessities such as water and a flashlight, as well as a first aid kit and any medication you may need. If you have allergies, this probably means an allergy medication that can help relieve symptoms of an unexpected allergy attack. Just as you would at home, keep all medicines and first aid supplies out of kids’ reach.
4. Test Gear: If it’s your first time camping or if you’ve bought new equipment, be sure to test it before your trip. You don’t want to arrive at the campsite only to find your lantern doesn’t work or realize you’re missing a tent pole.
5. Clean Up: We all love the outdoors and we want to make sure that these places remain vital in our lifetime and for our children and grandchildren. A good rule of thumb is to leave trails and campsites better than when you found them by collecting and properly disposing of your trash and any trash you find along the way.
Benadryl and the National Park Foundation (NPF) are working together to protect moments outdoors. Benadryl is donating $200,000 to the NPF. Additionally, a $1 donation will be made every time someone visits the site and enters a unique promotion code found on specially marked packages of Benadryl. You can also visit the site to pledge to enjoy a moment outdoors.
Win It! One of you will win a camping survival kit valued at $50 which will include a portable cooler to keep snacks cold, a Bendadryl-branded water bottle to quench thirsts, a compass to keep familes on the right track, and a lantern flashlight to help light the way. Just leave me a comment with something you learned or found useful on the site. Comments will close on June 21, 2009 at 10 PM PST. One comment per person, please (unless you do the extra credit). US residents only. Duplicates and comments not including the above information will be disqualified. Comments are moderated. If you don’t see your comment in a reasonable amount of time, send me an email. Bloggers and non-bloggers may enter. If you don’t want to leave your email address, please be sure to check back for my announcement on the winner. Please note that winners must respond within 48 hours of being announced/contacted or another winner will be drawn.
Want an extra entry? Do any or all of the following and receive an extra entry for each one.
Be sure to leave me a separate comment for each additional entry.
Add the Father’s Day Gift Guide Button to your site.
Enter Amanda’s giveaways.
Follow me on Twitter AND tweet about the contest.
Subscribe to my feed via email or reader.
Blog about this giveaway. It doesn’t have to be a separate post. Just include a blurb about it when you blog about other giveaways.
Place my button on your site. If you have difficulty, please let me know.
Click on one of the very cute buttons below and digg, stumble, fav, etc. Just let me know what you did in the comments!
- CHOC Walk Returns to the Disneyland Resort – Special Events and Ways to Support - June 28, 2023
- Beastly Ball Returns to the Los Angeles Zoo - May 8, 2023
- Like Water for Chocolate at Segerstrom Center for the Arts - March 24, 2023