One of my favorite things about summer is the lack of structure and impromptu adventures. As an active family, we love to swim, hike, and explore our city’s parks, zoos, and amusement parks. Because we are always on-the-go, I have found that a day pack with our family’s essentials ensures we have everything from water and snacks to sunscreen and first aid essentials at our disposal. As a women, I also find that a small handbag with my personal essentials ensures that I am prepared during that time of the month.
This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks.
Essentials for Every Mom On-the-Go
As a new mom, one of the best tips I received was to carry a bag with all of my kids’ essentials so that I was equipped to handle any situation…from messes and boo-boos to potty training accidents and insatiable hunger. As a mom to school-aged kids, we still encounter the unexpected, like the time my daughter broke her sandal at an art festival miles away from any store that could replace them. Had I not packed an extra pair of shoes, our day at the festival would have been cut very short.
As a woman, I have experienced the unexpected period without easy access to pads or tampons. Those days would always happen when I was wearing light colors with no sweater in sight. I have since learned from my body’s somewhat unpredictable cycles, which continue to change as I get older.
Whether you have regular cycles or that time of the month is more difficult to predict, here is my list of essentials for every mom on-the-go.
- Tampax tampons: Wearing tampons has given me the freedom to do all of the things I love like swimming with my kids in the middle of summer. Tampax tampons guard against leaks so that I feel confident that I am protected. I personally like the Tampax Pocket Radiant tampons because they are small enough to fit in my pocket and come in stylish patterns. But don’t let the name “compact” deter you from choosing these tampons because they feature an extendable applicator and offer the same protection.
- Always pads: While tampons are my go-to for that time of the month, sometimes I prefer a thin liner when my period is light. In addition to tampons, I also carry a few Always Thin Daily Regular Liners in my purse for the unexpected. These pads are thin enough to be worn daily and offer breathable protection and comfort.
- Sunscreen: With temperatures soaring in the 80s and 90s, a travel-sized sunscreen is essential. Choose a sunscreen with an SPF over 30 and be sure to check expiration dates since expired sunscreen is not effective in protecting from the sun’s harsh rays.
- Sunglasses: Protect your eyes in style with oversized round or aviator sunglasses, currently trending for 2018. Ensure those sunnies provide adequate UV absorption and opt for polarizes lenses.
- Hand lotion: The dry, summer heat wreaks havoc on my skin, which is why you will always find a bottle of hand lotion in my purse.
- Lipstick/lipgloss: The skin on your lips is easily susceptible to the sun’s harsh rays, so opt for a lipstick or lipgloss with an SPF of 15 or higher. Alternatively, apply a lip sunscreen before your favorite gloss.
- Body spray: Since it is impossible for me to squeeze in more than one shower a day, I like to freshen up with a small bottle of body spray that I keep in my purse.
Your monthly cycle does not have to be a downer or prevent you from doing the things you love. Swim, hike, exercise, and be active every single day of the month with Tampax tampons and Always pads. Find Tampax and Always products at your local Walmart, which offers everyday low prices on these products.
Free Designer Handbags – Sweepstakes
Do you love designer handbags? Tampax and Walmart are giving 100 people a designer handbag worth up to $500.
- Pick up Tampax products at your local Walmart or on Walmart.com
- Snap a photo of your receipt
- Upload your photo to their website for a chance to win.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER SWEEPSTAKES. Ends 8/12/18. To enter and for Official Rules, visit http://smarturl.it/yespl