The timeless story of Mary Poppins has touched families across the globe with its themes of kindness and gratitude. Disney’s classic film infuses music and magic into P. L. Travers’s stories about the enchanted nanny who is blown by the East wind to care for the Banks children. Fifty four years later, Disney was inspired to create a sequel to the 1954 film. Mary Poppins Returns, inspired by Travers’ book series Mary Poppins, is now available on digital, Movies Anywhere, 4K Ultra HD, and Blu-ray.
Mary Poppins Returns
In the sequel, Mary Poppins returns to help the next generation of the Banks family find the joy and wonder missing in their lives. Starring Emily Blunt as the “practically-perfect” nanny with magical skills and the ability to turn any task into a fantastic adventure. Lin-Manuel Miranda stars as her friend Jack, the optimistic street lamplighter who help brings light and life to the streets of London.
Michael Banks was just a child when Mary Poppins first visited 17 Cherry Tree Lane. Now a grown man, he is raising his children Annabel, John, and Georgie with help from his sister Jane. Times are tough in Depression-era London, but the winds begin to change and Mary Poppins enters the lives of the Banks family once again, having not aged a single day. Along with Jack, the two take the Banks children on a series of whimsical adventures, encountering colorful characters like Mary’s eccentric Cousin Topsy, Jack’s lovable band of leeries and bank executives William Weatherall Wilkins, and Mr. Dawes Jr. Through their adventures, they bringing life, love and laughter back into the home.
Mary Poppins Returns Bonus Features
BLU-RAY & 4K ULTRA HD™:
- Deleted Song—“The Anthropomorphic Zoo” – In this early song sequence, Mary Poppins and the children visit a very special zoo where the humans and animals trade places.
- The Practically Perfect Making of “Mary Poppins Returns” – Join filmmakers and cast on an amazing journey to embrace the legacy of the original film while making a fresh modern sequel.
- Introduction – Filmmakers and cast remember the first Mary Poppins movie and share the thrill of working on “Mary Poppins Returns.”
- “(Underneath the) Lovely London Sky” – Discover how the team mined PL Travers’ books for a fresh perspective on a much-loved character. Plus, meet the Banks children!
- “Can You Imagine That?” – Be on location for Mary’s iconic entrance from the sky, and explore the movie’s original songs, inspired by the Sherman Brothers.
- “Nowhere to Go but Up” – Experience being on set with the legendary Dick Van Dyke and Angela Lansbury, and celebrate the joy of choosing the right balloon!
- Seeing Things From a Different Point of View”: The Musical Numbers of “Mary Poppins Returns”– Go behind the scenes and experience the film’s production numbers from a new angle.
- “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” – Led by Lin-Manuel Miranda, the cast performs the film’s biggest production number, with dancing lamplighters, bicyclists and more!
- “The Royal Doulton Music Hall” / “A Cover Is Not the Book” – Find out what it takes to create two musical extravaganzas inside an animated world, highlighted by dancing animated penguins!
- “Turning Turtle” – Mary’s eccentric cousin, Topsy Turvy, played by Meryl Streep, has an unusual house that turns this musical number upside-down.
- “Can You Imagine That?” – Dive under the bubbles with the cast and crew to see how this exuberant number was created.
- Back to Cherry Tree Lane: Dick Van Dyke Returns – Dick Van Dyke, who played Bert and Mr. Dawes Sr. in the first film, returns after 54 years to Cherry Tree Lane as Mr. Dawes Jr.
- Practically Perfect Bloopers – There’s nowhere to go but up with the cast and crew in this lighthearted collection of flubs, goofs and prop fails!
- Deleted Scenes
- Leaving Topsy’s – After their visit to Cousin Topsy, Mary, Jack and the children pause to take a lookback.
- “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” – The leeries light up the screen in this extended clip from the movie’s biggest musical production.
- Play Movie in Sing-Along Mode – Sing along with all your favorite songs as you watch the movie.
- Play Movie with Audio Commentary – Watch the film with commentary by director Rob Marshall and producer John DeLuca.