Disney’s Frozen enduring themes of sisterhood resonated with us. Years after the film was released in theaters, we relived our favorite moments from the film through the catchy, award-winning songs and relatable characters. We were thrilled when Disney announced a sequel, and after seeing the film several times in-theaters, we are delighted to bring Frozen 2 home. To celebrate the release of Frozen 2 on Blu-ray, DVD, and digital, we had a movie night and cooked up some of our favorite Disney Frozen recipes, including Dole’s Gluten-Free Veggie Pasta Bake.
Disney Frozen 2
Disney Frozen 2 is set three years after of the first film and continues the story of Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Olaf, and Sven, who set out on a journey to discover the origin of Elsa’s powers which are threatening her kingdom. In the first film, Elsa feared her powers were too much for the world. Now, she must hope that they are enough.
Disney Frozen 2 Bonus Features
Frozen 2 is now available on Digital in 4K Ultra HD, HD, Movies Anywhere, 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD. The sing-a-long version includes a number of bonus features including deleted scenes, deleted songs, Easter eggs, outtakes, and more.
Blu-ray and Digital Bonus Features
- Sing-Along Version of the Movie: Sing along with your favorite songs as you watch the movie.
- Song Selection: Jump to your favorite musical moments, with on-screen lyrics. Songs include “Into The Unknown,” “All Is Found,” “Some Things Never Change,” “When I Am Older,” “Lost in the Woods,” “Show Yourself,” and “The Next Right Thing.”
- Outtakes: Laugh along with the cast of “Frozen 2” as they record their lines, sing their songs and have fun in the recording booth.
- Deleted Scenes: Check out some of the scenes that never made the final cut.
- Intro: Directors Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck offer a glimpse into their filmmaking process with scenes that didn’t make the final cut.
- Prologue: A battle rages between Arendelle and the Northuldra while a mysterious figure challenges King Agnarr.
- Secret Room: A secret room reveals even more of Anna and Elsa’s past, including a shocking revelation about their mother.
- Elsa’s Dream: Anna’s playful glimpse into Elsa’s dream takes a dark turn.
- Hard Nokks: Kristoff reveals his true feelings about life in Arendelle when the Nokk won’t take no for an answer.
- A Place of Our Own: Elsa uses her magic to relieve Anna’s lingering doubts about their parents’ faith in her.
- Deleted Songs: Hear some of the songs that got cut from the final film.
- Intro: Directors Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck revel in the chance to share a few songs that didn’t make it into the final film.
- “Home”: Anna savors every moment as she wanders through this kingdom she calls home.
- “I Wanna Get This Right”: Kristoff wants everything to be perfect before he proposes, leaving Anna to wonder, “Will it ever be just right?”
- The Spirits of “Frozen 2”: Cast and crew explore the Scandinavian and Nordic mythology that inspired the spirits inhabiting the enchanted forest of “Frozen 2.”
- Did You Know?: Olaf asks us the question “Did You Know” as we discover “Frozen 2” fun facts, Easter eggs and tidbits about the making of the film.
- Scoring a Sequel: Composer Christophe Beck combines a 91-piece orchestra with 30 choral voices to create the compelling score for “Frozen 2.”
- Gale Tests: They say you can’t see the wind, onnly its effects. Filmmakers give it a shot while creating the playful wind spirit, Gale.
- Gale Test: A young girl and boy play tag in this fully animated effort to “give personality to something that’s invisible.”
- Hand-Drawn Gale Test: A hand-drawn test to bring the precocious wind spirit to life.
- Multi-Language Reel: “Into the Unknown” in 29 Languages. Hear Elsa’s soaring call to adventure in 29 different languages.
- Music Videos: Weezer and Panic! at the Disco lend their voices to a few of the soaring melodies from “Frozen2.”
- “Into the Unknown” (Panic! at the Disco version): Panic! at the Disco frontman Brendon Urie stars in their version of “Into The Unknown” from “Frozen2.”
- “Lost in the Woods” (Weezer version): Weezer puts their spin on Kristoff’s epic ballad, “Lost In the Woods.”
- Meet the Lopezes: Meet the award-winning husband-and-wife team behind the incredible songs from “Frozen”and “Frozen2.”
- Deleted Song “Unmeltable Me”: An animatic version of Olaf’s celebratory song about his newfound freedom.
As part of the Blu-ray/DVD/Digital release of Frozen 2, families can pick up the Digital Bundle which includes Frozen and Frozen 2 in 4K Ultra HD, HD, and SD. Disney also release a brand new set of toys inspired by the film’s finale featuring Queen Anna and Elsa the Snow Queen.
Frozen 2 Printable Activities and Recipes
Host your Disney Frozen 2 movie night with our free printable activities and recipes.
Gluten-Free Veggie Pasta Bake
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 box chickpea penne pasta 8 ounces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 DOLE carrots chopped
- 1 DOLE red onion chopped
- 1 DOLE Cauliflower cut into small florets
- 1 1/2 packages DOLE Mushrooms 8 ounces each, sliced
- 1 package DOLE Baby Spinach 6 ounces
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups low sodium marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese grated
Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Prepare pasta as label directs; drain and return to saucepot.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add carrots, onion and cauliflower; cook 8 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Add mushrooms and spinach; cook 6 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and spinach wilts, stirring occasionally.
Add garlic, seasoning and salt; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
Stir in marinara; transfer to saucepot with pasta and toss.
Transfer pasta mixture to prepared dish; sprinkle with cheeses and cover with foil.
Bake pasta 20 minutes; remove foil. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.