Over the weekend, my daughter, my mother, and I arranged a special day together. At three, my daughter already has an opinion about everything, including her attire. As I was preparing her outfit for the day, I asked her which dress she’d like to wear for our special day out. Princess dress! she squealed! I’m not sure when she developed an admiration for princesses, but we are right in the midst of it and I can’t help but think back to my own childhood and how much I adored their stories of kindness, hope, and courage.
When I look back on our family photos of our time at the Disneyland Resort, it is the images of my children meeting their favorite characters that seem to evoke the most emotion. There are photos of hugs and wide eyes…laughter and bright smiles. All throughout the park, families can meet their favorite Disney characters for photos and autographs at varied locations. And very soon, guests will be able to meet their favorite Disney Princesses at the new Fantasy Faire, scheduled to open March 12, 2013.
Located in Fantasyland adjacent to Sleeping Beauty’s Castle, Fantasy Faire is a storybook world that will unite the Princesses in one location.
Last week, I had an opportunity to don a hard hat for a first look at Fantasy Faire, which is currently still under construction, and from the intricate, detail in the architecture and the old world style design characteristic of Fantasyland, it’s going to be a dream come true for little girls.
Guests will enter the Royal Hall to meet the Princesses and take photos.
As part of this experience, families can relive two of their favorite films (Tangled and Beauty and the Beast) through two brand new shows which will perform at the Royal Theatre. The tales of Rapunzel and Belle will be presented by vaudeville-style storytellers Mr. Smythe and Mr. Jones. During the show, Rapunzel or Belle will appear and remain to greet guests as the story concludes.
- The entire experience will add a memorable, whimsical dimension to Fantasyland and I can’t imagine a more magical place to house Disney’s Princesses. Here is what you can expect when Fantasy Faire opens this Spring:
- The Royal Hall will house the Disney Princesses and this is where families can take photos and enjoy a special meet and greet with their favorites
- Whimsical touches such as Figaro dozing (and waking) along a window sill and Clopin’s Music Box from The Hunchback of Notre Dame will compliment the new Royal Hall
- The Village Square features a new fountain and the Tangled Tower, inspired by the story of Rapunzel and after dark, her hair which twists around the tower will come to life with twinkling lights
- Two new shows will debut, based on the films Tangled and Beauty and the Beast and will be performed at the Royal Theatre
- Guests can enjoy several new royal snacks at Maurice’s Treats including cheddar cheese garlic and strawberry almond cream bread twists and the signature Boysen Apple Freeze
- Princes and Princesses of all ages can find dresses, accessories, gifts, and more at the new Fairytale Treasures shop inside Fantasy Faire
Fantasy Faire will bring the beloved stories of Disney’s Princesses to life in a “royal” way! Stay tuned for more information as we approach opening date, March 12, 2013.
No compensation was received for this post. I was invited to a media preview of Fantasy Faire which helped facilitate the writing of this post.
Photos: Rockin’ Mama unless otherwise noted.