My children love being outdoors…even when it’s below 50 degrees outside (translation: freezing for Southern California)…even when it’s raining…even when it’s snowing! Since we’re got it pretty rough here in Southern California (ahem!), we actually get outside during the winter to enjoy all of our city’s holiday festivities.
Consideration provided by the Aquarium of the Pacific
The Aquarium of the Pacific will once again host Aquarium Holidays, a celebration filled with the magic of the season and the beauty of the ocean and its inhabitants. With a mix of indoor and outdoor activities, you can spend some time enjoying the brisk winter breeze then warm up inside with a hot chocolate.
7 Things To Do at the Aquarium of the Pacific During the Holidays
- Snow play. Who says it doesn’t snow in Southern California? Build a snowman or sled down the hill on the lawn in front of the Aquarium (weekends in December from 9 am to 3 pm). Then go inside the Great Hall for a dusting of snow.
- See Santa SCUBA dive. Every day, the Santa Diver will appear underwater in the Honda Blue Cavern. Santa Diver will deliver an ocean of gifts for the animals including the penguins, sea otters, seals, sea lions, lorikeets, and fish. Be sure to grab a photo with Santa.
- Join the Penguin Parade daily at 10 am
- Get inspired by the display of ocean-themed gingerbread houses crafted by the Aquarium staff (December 8-23, 2018)
- See Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas in the Ocean Theater
- Play a dreidel during the Hanukkah storytelling
- Take photos with your favorite Aquarium characters
While you are at the Aquarium of the Pacific, be sure to visit their other exhibits.
Free Child Admission
Experience Aquarium Holidays through December 23rd, 2018. Visit their website to download a coupon to receive a free child admission with a paid adult. You can also bring a new, unwrapped toy worth $15 and get $10 off adult admission or $3 off child admission. There is a limit of 4 discounts per coupon and the offer is valid through December 23, 2018.
December 22 and 23, 2018 is Ugly Sweater Weekend. Wear an Ugly Sweater and you will receive $5 off admission.
Aquarium of the Pacific Giveaway
One of you will win a family 4-pack of tickets for one day during Aquarium Holidays. To enter, simply complete the Rafflecopter form and leave a comment with one thing you are most looking forward to. Comments will close on December 14, 2018 at 11:59 PM PST.
US Residents only. Duplicates and comments not including the above information will be disqualified. Comments are moderated. If you don’t see your comment in a reasonable amount of time, send me an email. Bloggers and non-bloggers may enter. If you don’t want to leave your email address, please be sure to check back for my announcement on the winner. Please note that winners must respond within 48 hours of being announced/contacted or another winner will be drawn.