Everything about a visit to LEGOLAND California Resort is awesome, including the weather for most of the year. But on the rare occasion when Southern California is experiencing a heat wave, the theme park can be quite warm during the day despite it’s proximity to the ocean. Fortunately, there are a number of places inside the park to stay cool, get wet and have a really awesome time.
10 Ways to Stay Cool at LEGOLAND California
- Make a splash at the LEGOLAND Water Park. Housed inside LEGOLAND, this Chima-themed water park features 10 million gallons of splashtastic fun including a LEGO-themed tower, slides, rafts, and a wave pool. Because the water park is located inside the theme park, you’ll need to upgrade your ticket for admission ($30).
- Get subaquatic at SEA LIFE Aquarium. This LEGO-themed aquarium combines hands-on learning experiences with educational, close-up animal encounters. Touch a sea star, watch a life shark feed and go face-to-face with a sea critter. You can visit SEA LIFE separately or as part of a day at LEGOLAND California Resort.
- Hone your inner ninja on LEGO NINJAGO The Ride. Using your inner ninja skills, control fire and ice with your hands as you go to battle against the Great Devourer.
- Join Emmet and the gang on his next adventure. The LEGO Show Place is ideal for seeking reprieve from the sun while taking in the latest 4D experience. At present, you can join Emmet, Wyldstyle, Uniktty, Benny and MetalBeard as they enter a new theme park based on adventures from The LEGO Movie.
- Get in the zone…the Aquazone. Race the waves while dodging water blasts in one of my kids’ favorite water rides at LEGOLAND.
- Take an ice cream break at Castle Hill. Chill out with your favorite frozen treat at Castle Ice Cream, which offers a generous selection of ice cream, sundaes, frozen drinks, and coffee.
- Go to battle with the LEGO pirates. Navigate pirate-infested waters while using your water cannon to ward off would-be enemies. Warning: You will get wet!
- Climb aboard the watery shipwrecked pirate vessel. Soak~N~Sail and it’s younger counterpart Swabbie’s Deck offers plenty of opportunities for getting wet. With over 60 gadgets and devices for spraying water and a pirate prank looming overhead, this is the place to cool off at LEGOLAND.
- Learn the secret of the LEGO brick. The LEGO Factory Tour teaches LEGO enthusiasts the secrets of making LEGO bricks from start to finish.
- Make a BFF at LEGO Friends Heartlake City Fountains. Located adjacent to the Friends Forever Stage, kids can run through the fountains before/after singing and dancing with their favorite LEGO Friends.
Summer at LEGOLAND California Resort is going to be awesome! With the opening of LEGO Ninjago World and the unveiling of the tallest LEGO building in the US in Miniland New York, there is always something new and exciting happening at the resort.
Do you have a big kid? Here are some awesome Things To Do With Big Kids at LEGOLAND.
To celebrate all of the awesome at LEGOLAND, I’ve partnered with Kate from Highlights Along the Way to offer a bricktastic giveaway! This is an excellent giveaway for SoCal residents or those planning a vacation to Southern California.
Win It! One subscriber from Highlights Along the Way/Rockin’ Mama will win 4 tickets to LEGOLAND California Resort (one winner total). To enter, simply become a subscriber to both sites! Click here to subscribe to Highlights Along the Way. Click here to subscribe to Rockin’ Mama. If you are a subscriber, you’re entered. You can complete the Rafflecopter form for additional entries daily. This giveaway will close on July 31st, 2016 at 11:59 PM PST.
A winner will be drawn and verified within 1 week of the giveaway closing. Please note we will verify that the name drawn is a subscriber to both sites. Once verified we will contact the winner who will have 48 hours to respond with their mailing address for tickets. Should the drawn winner not respond, the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be chosen. Prize will be mailed by each party (myself and Rockin’ Mama) within 1 week of receiving the mailing address. Tickets will only be mailed to the United States.
Note: The tickets are good through December 2016 – please only enter if you are going to be in Southern California before then. This giveaway is for LEGOLAND tickets and does not include flights, hotel, parking, etc.