The opening of Cars Land at Disney California Adventure Park breathed new life into the resort, and its popularity amongst visitors and locals has not wavered. One of the major draws of this themed land was Radiator Springs Racers, which whisks guests on a high-speed adventure through the desert landscape of Cars Land. Consistent with it’s aptitude for artistic storytelling, the Disneyland Resort will debut Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters inside Cars Land on March 7th, 2016.
The excitement begins when twenty of Luigi’s cousins travel from Carsoli, Italy to celebrate Race Day in Radiator Springs. Located at Casa della Tires (no converted into a dance floor), guests will board miniature Italian roadsters inspired by the late 1950s micro cars. Each “cousin” performs the traditional dances of Carsoli with distinct dance moves and a vibrant personality making every ride unique. Guests will spin, turn and glide across the floor as the roadsters perform their routines. Once you’ve had an opportunity to experience the ride, be sure to watch how the cars dance and interact together.
Here is a fun video which showcases the new ride!
In honor of the debut of this new attraction at Cars Land, here are 10 fun facts about Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters.
- A roadster is an open-top automobile that seats 2 and to “rollick” means to behave in a jovial or exuberant fashion.
- Luigi is a Fiat 500, but all of his cousins are a new automotive brand invented by Walt Disney Imagineering called Frizzante, now exclusive to Cars Land.
- Half of Luigi’s cousins are male and they can be identified by their front-end chrome grill “moustache.”
- Each of Luigi’s family members have their own names and unique looks except for twin sisters Rosa and Gina, who sport a coral color. You can tell them apart by the color of their eyes.
- Each car has an Italian license plate that represents the place of registration in their hometown of Carsoli, Italy.
- Each roadster performs his/her own routine which affords guests a different ride experience depending on the car chosen and the song that is playing.
- Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters is the first Disney attraction in the United States to use a trackless ride system.
- In honor of his cousins’ arrival, Luigi ordered the latest mode of dancing tires called the “Danza” from the Fettuccini tire company. Be sure to look at the posters and banners that pay homage to this company while in the queue.
- After you’ve taken a “spin” on the dance floor, check out the garden where you’ll see a special tribute to Italian Formula Racer Francesco Bernoulli.
- Luigi and his cousins showcase a number of talents including providing vocals for the songs heard during the attraction.
If you are a Disneyland Annual Passholder, you can ride Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters on Friday, March 4th, 2016 from 9 am to 10 pm. For detailed information, visit Disneyland.com.
Images: Disneyland Resort